Nothing happening when you click "Like"

CrackpotForeigner

Question

19 answers to this question

I sometimes find that I have to click near the top-most row of pixels in the button for it to work, anywhere else and it's as if the cursor is hovering over a blank part of the page.  But that only happens every now and then, and always reverts back to normal.  Maybe give that a try?

• Like 2

Happens to me too. Chrome and Windows 7.

and did it happen on another browser? I'm trying to establish whether this is a server side problem (affects all your browsers) or a client side problem (affects one browser).

I only use Chrome regularly and as it's an intermittent issue I might never know. But just for you, I'll use Firefox for a week.

Gareth's "trick" does indeed work. I did wonder if it is something to do with signatures? Some kind of code overlap? I know nothing of such things, just a thought.

Thanks, but I don't need you to use firefox for a week. Next time it is happening, start firefox and see if it's still happening. Or start an incognito window in chrome.

In case it is related to signatures, when it happens, does it only happen on certain people's posts?

Thanks, but I don't need you to use firefox for a week. Next time it is happening, start firefox and see if it's still happening. Or start an incognito window in chrome.

In case it is related to signatures, when it happens, does it only happen on certain people's posts?

Fair point. I will do that.

I *think* so yes. I recall making a mental note along those lines a while back but I wasn't using the like function as much back then and for some reason assumed the problem would just go away.

I'll keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

So, it happened today when trying to like one of Stevo's posts. I can click like if I hover over the top row of pixels but other than that it's not possible. Seems to work fine for everyone else I've tried, even those with signatures.

So rather than enter incognito mode I took the painstaking step of loading up IE and logging in to VT... No issue.

Seems to be a problem with rendering certain signatures alongside the like button on Chrome. Does that make sense?

I'll keep checking to see if the problem persists but judging by other posts in the thread it's an intermittent problem? I'm not so sure. 

• Like 1

I think it's particular signatures, but doesn't seem to happen every time. Clicking the very top of the button seems to work fine in all cases.

I'll try reporting it, but I think they'll need a concrete example and I've not found one yet.

A patch was applied for this earlier today. I've not seen a recurrence since. Please paste the link of any message if it occurs again (right click the #number in the top right of the post) or simply use report. Thanks.

A patch was applied for this earlier today. I've not seen a recurrence since. Please paste the link of any message if it occurs again (right click the #number in the top right of the post) or simply use report. Thanks.

Just wanted to say, works now. In fact, there is now a clear divide between the signature and the like button so I can't see there being a recurrence.

• Like 1
Â