The Cull of the High Earners

smetrov

So all the clubs in the PL get their big TV money check at the same time this summer.

I guess the prices of players will be even more inflated, so the wise time to make deals might be this transfer window?

Some of the effect of the inflation will probs already have happened in teh last window and this. I think the biggest knock-on of this ill be higher wages paid out by prem clubs making the league even more attractive to foreign players. An average squad player in the prem will end up earning as id they were at a top club in other european leagues. The gap between the Prem and the Championship will widen.

Back to the cull, we've still got a few to shift, but with the new TV money this season's books should be infinitely better than a few years ago. I quite like staying at the 60% mark if we can do that and climb the table long term we'll be one of the healthiest clubs in the top flight outside Arsenal and Man U. 

Yeah i think so too, thats why i find it strange that we can't/won't spend money now.

This start stop thing under Lerner is killing us. 

He went in gung ho, the it's full stop, and then as some hope we will start spending again. But not before all of the high earners are gone?

I just don't buy it. I don't think we'll spend big on players again under Lerner.

Very happy to be proven wrong thou...

So what decision would I personally have to make about investment or our income?

None.

Who said you did?

Your part seemed to imply it, but that was mostly because I've got no bloody idea what youre talking about

• 6 months later...