The Cull of the High Earners

smetrov

Delfouneso is on around £20k a week I believe. You have Houllier to thank for that, he handed him a new contract! Absolutely criminal waste of money, that boy will be playing non-league football within 5 years.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

So Hairy Hands is now saying that any new players will be limited to £20k pw - thats not even a cull of the high earners - its butchery ! - no way we can sustain a prem club on those figures. We are watching championship players in a big staduim - if this is true its WHEN and not IF we are relegated....

You thought we'd be relegated last season too (as per the op) - so you've not exactly got form in the accurate guessing stakes.

I like how you're basing your assumptions on the say-so of one forummer that may or may not have accurate info too.

Yeah I thought we were doomed last season - I ll hold up my obviously I was wrong.

HH was the reliable ITK ive known on here - so yes I believe the salaries he reports.

As this summers dealings have shown you get what you pay for........if ,as we here small clubs like West Ham are prepared to pay Lescot £90k PW - and we only pay £20k - ultimately that will catch you out.  

It is obvious Randy is looking to sell the club.

Yeah, were definately for sale. But like everton, if no one comes up with the asking price we wont sell. I worry that Lerner is just gonna tickle us along just about keeping us in the Premiership until a buyer comes along.

Lerner will still spend money, but I dont think it will be ambitous enough to get us anywhere near the top half of the table, he's not interested in that.

So Hairy Hands is now saying that any new players will be limited to £20k pw - thats not even a cull of the high earners - its butchery ! - no way we can sustain a prem club on those figures. We are watching championship players in a big staduim - if this is true its WHEN and not IF we are relegated....

You thought we'd be relegated last season too (as per the op) - so you've not exactly got form in the accurate guessing stakes.

I like how you're basing your assumptions on the say-so of one forummer that may or may not have accurate info too.

Yeah I thought we were doomed last season - I ll hold up my obviously I was wrong.

HH was the reliable ITK ive known on here - so yes I believe the salaries he reports.

As this summers dealings have shown you get what you pay for........if ,as we here small clubs like West Ham are prepared to pay Lescot £90k PW - and we only pay £20k - ultimately that will catch you out.  

To be fair to Smetrov; we only stayed up thanks to a Benteke rampage.  Papered over the cracks.......and other such clichés.....

• Like 1

To be fair to Smetrov; we only stayed up thanks to a Benteke rampage.  Papered over the cracks.......and other such clichés.....

I actually thought the Injury to Clark - and the arrival of Baker (who played well last season) was an underrated factor.....

Our wage bill must be one of the lowest in the premier league now.

Probably, however, we still have Given, Bent, Delph, Agbonlahor & N'Zogbia on high wages.... and Hutton with his not as high but still reasonably high 30k a week. Plus whatever Delfounso on as he keeps getting mentioned so may be on a high wage too.

30k per week high? We aren't Wolves!

I thought the TV money doubled this season? Randy?

SPEND SOME GOD DAMN MONEY YOU TIGHT FISTED ASSHOLE !!!

Probably, however, we still have Given, Bent, Delph, Agbonlahor & N'Zogbia on high wages.... and Hutton with his not as high but still reasonably high 30k a week. Plus whatever Delfounso on as he keeps getting mentioned so may be on a high wage too.

We don't get the tv money til summer. And he's just put £90m of his own money into the club... But don't let that get in the way of a rant

• Like 2

Probably, however, we still have Given, Bent, Delph, Agbonlahor & N'Zogbia on high wages.... and Hutton with his not as high but still reasonably high 30k a week. Plus whatever Delfounso on as he keeps getting mentioned so may be on a high wage too.

We don't get the tv money til summer. And he's just put £90m of his own money into the club... But don't let that get in the way of a rant

Proof?

That's extremely disrespectful to the rest of the team who performed very well when it was crunch time. 

All the new shares created. It was either him or a mystery benefactor, and if it was the later you'd have to assume Lerner had a part in it

Did that get confirmed or are we still taking that blog as a source?

That was never confirmed, it was just on a blog and they didn't make it clear where they got the info.

Either way creating new shares to sell to a benefactor wouldn't really make much business sense if Lerner is looking to sell. It was more likely just debt swapping. I doubt it's of any significance if true.

It got confirmed and Risso, who seems to understand these things, has commented that it could mean nothing. At the moment its just the usual people desperate to heap praise on our owner with no evidence to support it.

Edited by Big_John_10

Based on what we are seeing and what HH said seems to me we are effectively working on a championship budget.

The problem is the teams coming up as we have seen with Hull and Cardiff now how money behind them.Money talks in football thats the bare facts.We will only survive for so long shopping from poundland.

Didn't Lerner vote for FFP??

What a tool (as the other chairman were too). He now has a declining asset that nobody in their right mind would want to buy as you cannot invest to get back up to the top. I would say it serves him right but some day he'll be gone whilst we are all left to pick up the pieces