Paul Lambert

Pilchard

With all due respect, the problem is not what we received for the players you mention, the problem is that what we paid for them (with the exception of Petrov), did not reflect their real world value, and you certainly can't count the value of payers out of contract such as Heskey and Cuellar, as they have zero value. Collins value was the £2M we received, not the £5M we paid, but I suspect it was Lambert who ultimately decided to sell.

Some. Of the players were still available, such as Hutton and Warnock, and if PL only decided they were surplus to requirements because Lerner or Faulkner told him so, then I would have to question his suitability for the managers job, a strong manger does not allow the board to pick his team. That said, if PL signed p to this plan of RL/PF then he is responsible for the result.

You keep saying you know for sure that PL didn't want the payers he signed,or wanted Sissoko,well he strikes me as the kind if person who would not accept such constraints, why is he not coo uncaring his better ? Why has he it resigned due to the lack of support from the board ?

PL is as much to lame as anyone or the mess we are in,yes he inherited problems, but he unnecessarily changed too much too soon, and seems totally inept tactically.

Lerner and Faulkner are also to blame, but neither of them is gong anywhere, the quickest fix here s for Lambert to o and someone to or in who can motivate to payers we have.

Sissoko's contract is expiring, so it should be not too difficult to get him. offer Makoun for a trade as he's well valued in France.

You keep saying you know for sure that PL didn't want the payers he signed,or wanted Sissoko,well he strikes me as the kind if person who would not accept such constraints, why is he not coo uncaring his better ? Why has he it resigned due to the lack of support from the board ?

I didn't say he didnt want them. He would have prefered to sign better players but with the money he had available he thought the players he bought represented value for money

I don't know what the middle bit of your comment means

He hasn't resigned because he knew the situation when he came - that he had to get rid of Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Ireland etc BEFORE he could sign new players

He expected us to do better but has been shocked at how poor the playing staff here turned out to be - much worse than he thought on initial view. Call that his mistake if you like

Lerner and Faulkner are also to blame, but neither of them is gong anywhere, the quickest fix here s for Lambert to o and someone to or in who can motivate to payers we have.

In a kind of idiot-savant way you've hit the nail on the head - we need someone who can "motivate the payers"

Unless we sign minimum 4 decent players we are dead in the water

Jose Mourinho couldn't get a tune out of this lot

I didn't say he didnt want them. He would have prefered to sign better players but with the money he had available he thought the players he bought represented value for money

I don't know what the middle bit of your comment means

He hasn't resigned because he knew the situation when he came - that he had to get rid of Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Ireland etc BEFORE he could sign new players

He expected us to do better but has been shocked at how poor the playing staff here turned out to be - much worse than he thought on initial view. Call that his mistake if you like

I agree with this. As fans watching our team week in week out we knew how bad we were (apart from the few deluded fans that felt all the blame lay with Mcliesh.

We all said from the start that unless he brought good players in he had a near impossible task. It does seem Lambert didn't do his research before taking over the club but then I guess money talks and his pay rise didn't require much thought.

I don't think motivation is the issue as we gave it a good go second half yesterday. We just need some different players and a hell of a lot of luck. I think we'll get the latter but I'm not sure it will be enough!

Heskey, Collins, Cuellar, Makoun, Hutton and Warnock aren't worth the values stated; they were signed for that much, but that's because we over-paid for them.

I'd say that shower of shite, at current value, is worth £10M (at a very conservative estimation).

That's exactly the point - neither the players that have gone nor the players that where here are worth the money paid

We have the worst squad in the division - Southampton, Reading and QPR all have better squads than us

Lambert needs time and money to sort this out

FFS - SISSOKO WANTS £75k A WEEK

What part of this do you not understand?

apologies, from now I'll check wage demands for any player around the world with you before ever mentioning players again.

I agree with this. As fans watching our team week in week out we knew how bad we were (apart from the few deluded fans that felt all the blame lay with Mcliesh.

We all said from the start that unless he brought good players in he had a near impossible task. It does seem Lambert didn't do his research before taking over the club but then I guess money talks and his pay rise didn't require much thought.

Lambert didnt come for the money - he came because longer term he beleives that we are a better bet than Norwich who he had taken as far as he could

I think he did do his research but truly beleived he could get more out of Bent, Delph, Zog, Ireland, Dunne etc. Certainly he beleived that with the players he bought in we had enough to survive - I think he has been surprised at how poor they have been. He hasn't been able to imrove them - Call that his mistake if you wish

Lambert is a very very decent manager - easily capable of steering a side to mid-table which he did with a very average Norwich side last season

All the time people spend moaning about Lambert - they are missing the real issue

Lambert has spent money assembling the 'worst squad in the division', wages or no wages.

He has to take some flack for this, his tactics and defensive organisation are woeful.

His defensive organisation has always been shit. Norwich shipped loads as well

Lambert didnt come for the money - he came because longer term he beleives that we are a better bet than Norwich who he had taken as far as he could

I think he did do his research but truly beleived he could get more out of Bent, Delph, Zog, Ireland, Dunne etc. Certainly he beleived that with the players he bought in we had enough to survive - I think he has been surprised at how poor they have been. He hasn't been able to imrove them - Call that his mistake if you wish

Lambert is a very very decent manager - easily capable of steering a side to mid-table which he did with a very average Norwich side last season

All the time people spend moaning about Lambert - they are missing the real issue

Of course he came for the money, the guy is a mercinary. Always has been always will be.

You are missing the real issue, which is he is not a good manager at all.

How do you know this? Are you an ITK???

I am ITK on this one thing - I know for sure what Sissoko is looking for. He is available for £3.5m - anyone in their right minds would sign him for that much but it is the £75k a week that is putting us and 4 or 5 other clubs off. Sunderland seem most likely to bit the bullet and pay up

I don't think there is any chance that he will come to us - someone will snap him up well before his wage demands are in our league. Unless of course RL has a complete change of mind which could happen

Yes the real issue lies deeper than the manager but for half a season it doesn't seem that he is going to provide a solution either. We should still get behind him and the players at games as we did yesterday. I think the fans have been superb at games considering the circumstances.

Of course he came for the money, the guy is a mercinary. Always has been always will be.

You are missing the real issue, which is he is not a good manager at all.

You don't get Norwich to 12th in the league if you are not a good manager

He is ambitous not a mercenary - two very different things.

You don't get Norwich to 12th in the league if you are not a good manager

He is ambitous not a mercenary - two very different things.

Didn't Mcliesh get birm to 9th and the first cup in their history? Getting Norwich to 12 was a good achievement but good work can very quickly be undone.