TimeSplitters

Mozzavfc

Used to love TimeSplitters? Of course you did those games were awesome

The CEO of Crytek UK (the current owners of the rights to TimeSplitters) said that if there was enough demand, they would perhaps make a new game/ a new HD collection of all the original games for the PC/MAC, PS3, and Xbox 360

So this petition was started to show that the demand for TimeSplitters is still out there

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection

Help spread the word

absolutely loved it

id seen it coming and managed to get one of the 1st batch of ps2 for xmas along with timesplitters, it was probably my 1st social gaming experience, people would come round mine to play the new ps2 and always want to play it

i didnt get a chance to play it online though so id be over the moon if they brought the old ones back let alone the new ones

chinese restaurant map online...

The CEO of Crytek UK (the current owners of the rights to TimeSplitters)

Crytek UK are Free Radical, the company who made Timesplitters. They just changed their name when they got bought out recently. I'm not sure how much churn there has been in recent years, but a lot of the people at Free Radical were the guys who made Goldeneye for the N64, they left Rare to form their own company after Goldeneye was so successful.

I never felt Timesplitters was as great as a lot of people did, it was quirky and competent and it was definitely the best FPS on PS2, but even at the time it wasnt a patch on Halo. I'd think HD re releases would just be another concrete example that nostalgia is usually better remaining as nostalgia. I'd definitely be interested in a next gen sequel though, when you have time travel and monkeys in your game you should be able to do something decent with it.

Crytek UK are Free Radical, the company who made Timesplitters. They just changed their name when they got bought out recently. I'm not sure how much churn there has been in recent years, but a lot of the people at Free Radical were the guys who made Goldeneye for the N64, they left Rare to form their own company after Goldeneye was so successful.

I never felt Timesplitters was as great as a lot of people did, it was quirky and competent and it was definitely the best FPS on PS2, but even at the time it wasnt a patch on Halo. I'd think HD re releases would just be another concrete example that nostalgia is usually better remaining as nostalgia. I'd definitely be interested in a next gen sequel though, when you have time travel and monkeys in your game you should be able to do something decent with it.

Do agree with this, but I preferred it to Halo based on just how it was more fun and had a very very good multiplayer with the bots and all.

I'd love a remake, doesn't look like it will happen though. Every now and then i play the PS2 for it, it still holds up pretty well.

Â