Week 8 matches, discussion etc

BOF

On Peyton and Super Bowls, how did he got Super Bowl MVP? He had a terrible game.

If there's no one who obviously deserves the MVP, it defaults to the winning QB.

I'd argue pretty strenuously that Brady didn't deserve either of his SB MVPs. And I'd definitely say that Tyree deserved the MVP over Eli in XLII.

Eli in 42 i would say maybe Tuck, maybe Tyree but....

- Led two game winning TD drives in the final 4 minutes of a Super Bowl

- Thrown 2 go ahead TD's in the 4th quarter of a Super Bowl

- Driven his team down to score the winning TD in the Super Bowl with less than 2 minutes to play when anything less meant defeat. (i.e. 4 point+ deficit)

Name me a QB that has on one single occasion driven his team down to win in OT of the championship game and then engineered a comeback win in the Super Bowl with less than 2 minutes to play. You cant, aside from Eli Manning, who has done it twice.

Somewhwere in Dallas there is a young fan

steve in ky : 8:28 pm

watching his team lose to the Eli and the Giants in the same fashion I used to watch my Giant team lose to the Staubach led Cowboys. The poor kid is is living that roller coaster ride of believing his team just might pull it off, only to have the rug pulled out from under him once again. He is watching the the Giant sideline and seeing a team led by a classy Super Bowl winning coach, in Coughlin as I did the same with coach Landry.

It really has come full circle for me an older Giant fan, and young Cowboy fans that only knows this Cowboy team. One lead by ownership that bungles off season moves, and chooses one wrong coach after the other. One that begins each season with renewed hope only to end up suffering through painful loss after loss.

I can't really say I feel bad for that unknown young fan out there, but I can empathise with him. I know exactly how he feels, every sick feeling in his stomach that won't go away for a few days. Every bit of hate that he probably feels for the Giant blue as I did for the Cowboy blue and silver.

I have to say it is nice to be on the other end of a dynasty. The other end of uncanny ways to win instead of lose with seconds left in the game. The other end with my own Captain Comeback that just finds a way to win the game in the end regardless of what happened for most of it.

After all those years growing up and having my heart broken by my beloved Giants, I have to admit. It has now really gotten to the point where it has all evened out.

Hang in there my young unknown Cowboy fan. Maybe in thirty-five or forty years you will know what it is like.

From BBI

It's slowly getting there lads. Yum yum.

And we have now gone through (statwise) the 6 best teams by winning percentage and moving on to the 10 worst. If I understood the NBC stat thing correctly.

Tampa Bay @ Minnesota x

Indianapolis @ Tennessee x

Carolina @ Chicago

San Diego @ Cleveland

Atlanta @ Philadelphia

Washington @ Pittsburgh

New England @ St Louis

Jacksonville @ Green Bay

Miami @ NY Jets x

Seattle @ Detroit

Oakland @ Kansas City

NY Giants @ Dallas

New Orleans @ Denver

San Francisco @ Arizona

After an 0-2 start I finish 11-3.

Miami are tough to work out. They were supposed to be whipping boys this season. It's not working out like that. They're up and down like a whore's drawers.

Miami are tough to work out. They were supposed to be whipping boys this season. It's not working out like that. They're up and down like a whore's drawers.

Of late, they've been mostly up... whore-turned-nun's drawers?

Â