Ibiza

mikeyp102

Sorry couldn't find a thread, so please redirect if there is on...

Heading to Ibiza in 3 weeks, not a massive dance head, but it's my 30th so what the hell! Any advice where to go...only really want one of the clubs as cant afford many.....any ideas on cheap good places?

You will have a great time mate even if you dont want to go mad and you can do it cheap.

If your only going to do one club night i'd recommend cream @ amnesia on a thursday night. Drink before you go in as it is very pricey inside last time i was in there i paid 10 euros for a water.

You can head down the west end for all you cant drink for an hour for 10 euro deals but its cheesy down there.

You can go to places like cafe mambo or cafe del mar and watch the sunset with hundreds of other people on the beach.

Bora bora is a good place to go you can sit on the beach infront of the bar with a load of beer from the shop over the road while they pump the tunes out across the beach. The music kicks off about 4 in afternoon.

Check out a website called ibiza spotlight search it on google.

Been loads of times mate i'd love to live there.

I went to Ibiza in 1986 ... I saw Phil Fearon and Galaxy perform at the Star Club one night ...I feel old now :-(

Anyway .. Carry on I'm just sitting here drinking my horlicks and thinking back to the old days

I went to Ibiza in 1986 ...

i was only 4 then. I broke my ibiza cherry in 02 then went every year till 07 then my son was born and havnt been since.

Just noticed all my typos in my post last night, drinking and typing for you!

Im determined to get one last Ibiza session but with a mortgage and kids now its not going to be any time soon!

Just got back last week from Ibiza, loved it. Mostly all of what AndyC says is good advice, imo. Where are you staying exactly? I would say do maybe one night in the West End of San Antonio because it is decently cheap and a good experience, but certainly not what you want to do every night for sure. Bora Bora is good and if you happen to be staying near Playa D'en Bossa, then there are plenty of bars that are not ridicously priced to drink at on that strip. If you only go to one club, I would say either Cream at Amnesia like AndyC said or Carl Cox at Space. The only problem when you might be going is it is late in the season, so alot of the big name acts may have already had closing parties, but either way, the music is always good. Have fun!!!

Just got back last week from Ibiza, loved it.

What did you get up to out there? Take it you seen Carl Cox then? Tiesto @ Privilage is always a good one to.

Went to most of the clubs really, aside from Pacha. Went to Space for the Carl Cox night, but he was not in that night, but Carlo Lio and Green Velvet were plenty good. Also, really enjoyed ASOT at Privilege and Amnesia was really good even though we did not go for a big night like Cream. Was most surprised by the Swedish Closing Party at Ushuaia, was not expecting much, but was very very enjoyable. Also did the West End for two nights, which was a good laugh, but at 23, I even think I am a bit old for that scene haha. Stayed in San Antonio, but if I go back next year, I fully intend on staying around Playa d'en Bossa to enjoy more of the beach and laid back atmosphere. Overall, so good though.

Just got back last week from Ibiza, loved it.

What did you get up to out there? Take it you seen Carl Cox then? Tiesto @ Privilage is always a good one to.

Went to most of the clubs really, aside from Pacha. Went to Space for the Carl Cox night, but he was not in that night, but Carlo Lio and Green Velvet were plenty good. Also, really enjoyed ASOT at Privilege and Amnesia was really good even though we did not go for a big night like Cream. Was most surprised by the Swedish Closing Party at Ushuaia, was not expecting much, but was very very enjoyable. Also did the West End for two nights, which was a good laugh, but at 23, I even think I am a bit old for that scene haha. Stayed in San Antonio, but if I go back next year, I fully intend on staying around Playa d'en Bossa to enjoy more of the beach and laid back atmosphere. Overall, so good though.

Expensive week then! sounds mint though looks like you made the most of it. I've always stayed in san antonio and just got a taxi over to playa den bossa for bora bora and space.

I'll never forget one night down the west end 6 of us got a free bottle of peach snaps in some bar, my mate drank the bottle in shots one after the other. He was fine for about 20 mins then he vanished! we didnt find him again untill the next morning. He'd been robbed at some point as his wallet, watch and chain was gone! He has no idea to this day what happened to him that night.

I'll never forget one night down the west end 6 of us got a free bottle of peach snaps in some bar, my mate drank the bottle in shots one after the other. He was fine for about 20 mins then he vanished! we didnt find him again untill the next morning. He'd been robbed at some point as his wallet, watch and chain was gone! He has no idea to this day what happened to him that night.

Somewhat similar thing happened to me on the very first night, albeit not with Peach Schnapps. Was separated from my five mates at some point and absolutely no recollection, but luckily for me a group of 'Glasgow's Finest' from my flight over were kicking about and spotted me when I was probably about to get robbed by a shady bunch of folk just off the main strip in the west end. Definitely have to be careful, that's for sure.

Sorry couldn't find a thread, so please redirect if there is on...

Heading to Ibiza in 3 weeks, not a massive dance head, but it's my 30th so what the hell! Any advice where to go...only really want one of the clubs as cant afford many.....any ideas on cheap good places?

I went for 12 nights a few years back in late september for the closing parties

Spent about 200 quid on club tickets before i even got on the plane

I did a diff club every night and the different clubs have different styles.

The only one i didnt like was Pacha i thought it was wank i seen Tiesto at Privlege which was quality and Cream at Amnesia.

Space was my favourite its huge i was partying away from 5ish in the afternoon till dawn the following day i dont think i fully explored the place untill about 4am in the morning.

I avoided Eden as i heard it was like a glorified Oceana but i went in es paradis next door for the hed kandi closing party which was cool half naked fire breathing women and a woman called Lisa i think on a sax belting out some right tunes

If your at San Antonio the west end is full of bars with reps trying to get you through the doors offering you free shots e.t.c i actually remember the week i went was the week we played the Wolves and Emile Heskey scored the winner at the molyneux i was watching at linekers at the time in my Villa shirt i was the only villain in there but funny enough there were quite a few baggies in there who celebrated with me

Its defo worth checking out cafe mambo at cafe del mar for the sunset Cheryl cole was in there at the time i went surrounded by about 4 of her minders

You have probably heard by now how expensive the booze is in the actual clubs so its defo worth it to drink up before you get in there as 12 - 15 euro's for a bottle of Corona is disgraceful

Oh and by the way when your walking on the beach front whatever you do don't high five one of the morrocan's its a trick they pull i seen it happen to a cockney bloke in front of me lucky enough... they highfived and at the same time managed to slap on a handcuff and refused to release him unless he paid them something like 20 - 50 euro's all i could hear was him shouting at her saying im being FACKIN MAGGED felt sorry for the bloke but was laughing inside

Booked closing party tickets for Pukka Up Boat Party and entrance to Amnesia €55 all together

Good choice. Ibiza isnt just about the music either there is many stunning places you can visit on the island and loads of nice places to eat.

I've just got back from a week there. Space on a Sunday is a great party. I went to Cream last time but it's a bit heavy for me. This time we went to Ibiza Rocks hotel which was 40€ for Alt-J, Zane Lowe and Bloc Party. Went to Space on the Friday too, which was Dub Pistols and Jaguar Skills.

We ate at Mint Lounge on the sunset strip and watched the sun go down. The food was great, reasonably priced and it's affiliated to Mambo so you get the same music as there. A lot of the big DJs will play warm ups at Mambo, Savannah and the Ibiza Rocks bar too. We ate at Savannah on the last night and it was rubbish though.

We spent a lot of time in Ibiza Rocks bar. Great music, live acts and good prices too. For a day you can go to Playa Pinet and the Reggae Beach. Sunbeds there are pricey but its a nice laid back vibe. Depending where you're staying you can either walk or get a boat there.

We avoided the West End like the plague. I'm 33 and felt like those days of free shots with every drink etc are behind me. It's a really young crowd and the bars are pure binge-drink holes. If you like that kind of thing, though, then fill your boots. Bit chavvy for my tastes.

Me and the Mrs hired a sailboat with a captain one of the evenings too. Picked us up at Cala D'Hort and sailed us round the coast back to San An just after sunset. It was amazing but did cost us 250€ for about 4-5 hours.

Take vitamin C tablets with you. I've been back 3 days and have got a minging cold! ANy other kind of tablets you'll be able to get out there ;)

Â