Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Once Vllar is back we should switch back to 4-4-2.

Playing with 3CB , week in - week out - especially for home games won'y yeild us enough goals IMO.

The reason we need 3cbs currently is that Clark isn't good enough to play in a 2CB partnership. If we stick with 3cb's long term - thats will serverley limit out attacking options

And yet we seem to have posed a greater goal threat in our last three games than any others?

3-5-2 can be a very attacking formation, depends on your full backs and the attacking one of the three midfield players

When we last won the League cup in 96 we played a VERY attacking 3-5-2

So you are saying that cup form can influence league form, but through momentum. If that is so, with the Birmingham players on a high after winning the cup, why did that momentum not carry them through to safety in the league? If cup games can influence league performance, why after reaching the semi of the cup are we still in the bottom six?

Just because it can doesn't mean that it is always the case.

I'd rather see the ingredient of quality in the final third of the pitch added, along with a pinch of PL experience.

Naturally, we all do.

It will come in terms of development and a couple of signings.

I'd rather see the ingredient of quality in the final third of the pitch added, along with a pinch of PL experience.

Why do we need PL experience? I get the experience argument, but this doesn't really make much sense. Funnily enough most of our best players this season have been players with experience but no PL experience.

I don't really count the League Cup as we all know PL teams don't really take it seriously.

It's the PL games that matter.

Doubt people would be saying this if we were knocked out while playing terribly.

I don't really count the League Cup as we all know PL teams don't really take it seriously.

It's the PL games that matter.

\you dont think Norwich and Villa took the game seriously on Tuesday? Really? Wow, I thought that both teams and both sets of fans gave it everything.

Mmmm...

Last 3 games:

vs QPR 3 - shots on goal

vs Stoke - 5 shots on goal

vs Norwich - 13 shots on goal

So, last 3 games? - No!

Last game? Yes.

Statistics dont mean a thing. In all three games we looked like we could score, we had decent pressure, we had decent possession. Yeah we struggled second half v QPR but otherwise. We didnt always turn that into shots, but thats just not the same thing as goal threat in any sense..

Mantis, do you think Norwich will field a stronger side today ?

Considering that they brought back two players from injury who had been first picks before, and otherwise fielded eight of the nine who started the game at Swansea, how do you think they could strengthen? They may well make some changes, but thats because they just got tanked at home by a team they thought they'd beat

Why is it that the team and managers biggest critics, the hardest to please, the last to be convinced, are the clubs own fans? Isnt it supposed to be the other way around?

Yep Hoolahan had a groin injury I think.

According to Norwich fans tweets before the game:

"Really pleased NCFC have decided to start with a strong line up OTBC"

"Decent line up for tonights game - come on you yellows #ncfc"

"Those teams are a signal of intent for #ncfc v#avfc"

"Strong team so no excuses #ncfc pity i'm at work :-("

"@NorwichCityFC got a strong team out! Iv never been to Wembley would love to go in my#NCFC top! #OTBC"

"Good strong starting 11 for tonight's game happy with the team....yellows yellows #ncfc#OTBC"