Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I have to pick up on this point.

How is our hard work helping us at the moment? You seem to be putting work rate over actual quality.

I think a good team needs a balance between work rate and quality. If you can sign players that offer both great, right now though our work rate side of the scale is heavily weighed down.

A team full of Marc Albrighton's will work very hard but ultimately will lose.

What has hard work got us? An unexpected point against Arsenal for a start

I didn't say it was only about work rate did I, but hard work is the platform that allows you to then go on and deliver quality.

Of course it is a balance between work rate and ability - Berbatov is all ability and no work rate which is why he would have been a complete waste of money

For me the hard work is there and in terms of quality, too me at least, I am seeing our young players get better and more confident week by week

What has hard work got us? An unexpected point against Arsenal for a start

I didn't say it was only about work rate did I, but hard work is the platform that allows you to then go on and deliver quality.

Of course it is a balance between work rate and ability - Berbatov is all ability and no work rate which is why he would have been a complete waste of money

For me the hard work is there and in terms of quality, too me at least, I am seeing our young players get better and more confident week by week

It's also got us 18th place with a 3rd of the season gone.

And by claiming we shouldn't sign players because they don't work hard enough is saying its all about work rate. We lack quality in the team and i don't think we need 11 Marc Albrighton's out there.

IMO Berbatov would be a superb partner for Benteke or bent to play with. I don't think we'd benefit more as a team if we have someone who hasn't got the same touch, vision and skill as berbatov but runs around a lot.

Like I said, we've got work rate in the team. Quality is needed.

It's also got us 18th place with a 3rd of the season gone.

And by claiming we shouldn't sign players because they don't work hard enough is saying its all about work rate. We lack quality in the team and i don't think we need 11 Marc Albrighton's out there.

IMO Berbatov would be a superb partner for Benteke or bent to play with. I don't think we'd benefit more as a team if we have someone who hasn't got the same touch, vision and skill as berbatov but runs around a lot.

Like I said, we've got work rate in the team. Quality is needed.

What a load of rubbish - so in your world hard work is a bad thing? I'm a big fan of hard work. The position that we are in is as a result of the legacy left by the previous manager not because we are working our socks off

Hard work is the platform on which everything else is built - take a look at Barcelona, they are as hard working as they are talented

I get that you don't like Marc Albrighton but I'm not sure where I have been singing his praises - I don't recall mentioning him, although I'd bet money that a team of 11 Marc Albrightons would beat a team of Berbatovs

Berbatov flouncing around the pitch would be the last thing I'd want at Villa Park

I, like the vast majority of fans, can see what Paul Lambert is trying to build - I'm going to judge him at season end not after a handful of games

We will continue to work hard and the quality will come

We will win tomorrow

We won't be in the relegation places by January

We will finish mid-table at worst

What a load of rubbish - so in your world hard work is a bad thing? I'm a big fan of hard work. The position that we are in is as a result of the legacy left by the previous manager not because we are working our socks off

Hard work is the platform on which everything else is built - take a look at Barcelona, they are as hard working as they are talented

I get that you don't like Marc Albrighton but I'm not sure where I have been singing his praises - I don't recall mentioning him, although I'd bet money that a team of 11 Marc Albrightons would beat a team of Berbatovs

Berbatov flouncing around the pitch would be the last thing I'd want at Villa Park

I, like the vast majority of fans, can see what Paul Lambert is trying to build - I'm going to judge him at season end not after a handful of games

We will continue to work hard and the quality will come

We will win tomorrow

We won't be in the relegation places by January

We will finish mid-table at worst

Haha

Ok if you say so.

Berbatov is just one example. My point is we don't just need players that work hard which is what you suggested when you said we shouldn't sign certain players because they won't work hard. What's rubbish about that?

What have Barcelona got to do with anything? They have technically brilliant players who work hard. Have I said that's a bad thing? According to your thinking though we wouldn't sign some of those technically brilliant players unless they run round lots also.

It's nothing to do with judging lambert. You've gone on a protective rant for no reason.

Haha

Ok if you say so.

Berbatov is just one example. My point is we don't just need players that work hard which is what you suggested when you said we shouldn't sign certain players because they won't work hard. What's rubbish about that?

What have Barcelona got to do with anything? They have technically brilliant players who work hard. Have I said that's a bad thing? According to your thinking though we wouldn't sign some of those technically brilliant players unless they run round lots also.

It's nothing to do with judging lambert. You've gone on a protective rant for no reason.

My point about Barcelona (as you well know) was that hard work and quality are not mutually exclusive. Hard work is the start point, the platform that gets the ball and allows you to use your ability

Show ponies like Berbatov are best suited to CL sides who can afford a luxury player or two

Berbatov and Bent up front would be a disasterous combination

Unlike you, I would not be interested in signing a player who wouldn't work hard for the team - maybe if we were challenging for a CL spot but certainly not for the season ahead of us

That's fine.

And like I said so far it's got us into 18th place with a 3rd of the season gone.

I think more quality at possibly the expense of a little hard work would help and is what we need. I'm not saying I want a team of players will literally stand around doing **** all, but if they had the quality and just didn't run around as much as weimman i don't think they shouldn't be signed because of that.

If we can get a player that does both then great.

yeah the point is doing both, you have to earn your right to play and unless you are maradonna you have to work hard in training and then leave your broken lungs on the field every saturday afternoon.

we haven't seen enough of that for a coupel of years. if we have that as a minimum and talent in the squad then we will be absolutely fine. i'm not convinced we don't have the talent to be honest. what we don't have is proven talent. that is very expensive, especially in wages as we found out the hard way.

seen harry's shopping list? all proven decent players, all the wrong side of 30. all expensive in terms of weekly wage, he's courting beckham ffs. quick fix maybe for qpr, long term a big loss financially. i for one am very glad we aren't going down that route, we have a man at the helm with a long term project who wants to create a team of young talented players who play together for a few years and mature as players, and more crucially as a cohesive team.

with a decent return of points out of the next 3 games (5+ would be very decent) then hopefully we can forget all abotu certain people being sure we'd go down and wanting PL sacked and replaced with fucknapp.

He would not have been a good signing. Too old and would demand big wages. We wouldn't have got him anyway.

I never said we'd have got him, fulham paid through the nose in wages to sign him (£120k a week )

His form has been electrifying though

Berbatov is a fantastic striker. Any team outside the top 4 would benefit from having him. He will score quality goals wherever he is and its goals that win you games and take you places.

Dunno if he'd of got the service at Villa to score all the goals he has so far though but would be a better team with him for sure, and have more points on the board.

I never said we'd have got him, fulham paid through the nose in wages to sign him (£120k a week )

His form has been electrifying though

Wait .. Fulham are paying Berbatov £120k a week? where did you get that from? I'd imagine he is on big wages but £120k sounds way off to me.

Barbatov is a similar player to Bent imho. A very very good finisher but isnt going to work for you across the pitch. Also berbatov smokes like a chimney which doesnt bode well for any athlete.

For me these older players should be loan targets. Our purchases should be younger players.