Which Handset?

Genie

Tempted by a deal at PHones4U,

12 month contract (Vodafone), 300 mins, unltd texts and 500mb web (Web is unlimited for the forst 3 months).

£36 per month minus £100 cashback, minus £70 quidco = £262 for the first year. Added benefit is that P4U have high street stores should I have problems in the future.

I've had a look at the S3 and its just too big imo, it also doesn't feel quite like the quality of the HTC either.

What handset are you talking about there Tamuff_Villa?

I agree the HTC handsets have a premium feel and look. They are the only ones who make a top of the line handset that doesn't have a mega screen. But I never knew the One S had Chipping problems.

Ordered the One S (Grey) on the 12 month deal. The maths:

12 x £36 = £432

Cashback = £100

Quidco = £70

£432 - £170 = £262 (£21.83 per month)

My crappy Samsung Galaxy S (1) is going off to the recyclers for ~£80 so factored in brings the annual outgoings to £182 (£15.17 per month).

Just a personal preference. I don't like the very locked down bootloaders and poor quality ROM builds.

The One X is supposed to be nice though so don't listen to me ;)

Ordered the One S (Grey) on the 12 month deal. The maths:

12 x £36 = £432

Cashback = £100

Quidco = £70

£432 - £170 = £262 (£21.83 per month)

My crappy Samsung Galaxy S (1) is going off to the recyclers for ~£80 so factored in brings the annual outgoings to £182 (£15.17 per month).

any chance of a link to this deal. Cant find anything like this on there website and also looking.

• 3 weeks later...

After owning a Desire HD I can tell you that the main problem with HTC is the bloody awful battery life on them. A problem, looking at Modaco, it still has.

After doing a bit of research on the Adnroid forum I got a Google Nexus on Saturday and it's bloody lovely. Pure Google/Android and runs Jellybean. Okay it's not quad-core but for what I want it for it runs great. I noticed signififcant 3G drop-off with the Desire HD, but with the Nexus I've found it superb. And the speaker is much louder too.

And I've never had a problem with giffgaff. Sure every now and then there's issues, but you get that with every phone network.

Â