Job websites

dubbs

Hi all,

As the topic suggests im looking for a new job and need help with suggestions for sites to view. Tried the usual, jobcentre, monster and totaljobs, any more you have found to be good?

Cheers!!

I find Monster rubbish and usually use Total Jobs,the job centre and

jobsite

Fish4jobs

What industry are you looking at?

Another suggestion is to upload your CV as most of the interviews I have had have been from agencies finding my CV and not ones I have applied for.

Well I'm currently working as an internal salesman for a precision engineering company manufacturing bespoke metal parts. Been doing this since 2008. Prior to this I worked in the CAD department of the same company. I've registered with a few agencies and probably just been a little unlucky not to get a new position through them.

I don't see myself sitting behind a desk for the rest of my life, so looked at doing an open uni course, but the cost is prohibitive in my current situation.

never got any job through any site. Though I'm still looking! Monster is beyond garbage.

there's another one locally called jobsinwales - perhaps there's a similar one for where you live?

In my experience I've found recruitment agents to be complete tossers. Just sayin.

The ones I have dealt with have been scum, full of bullshit!

They are so up your arse getting you to an interview and have learnt a lot over the past couple of years with them and though you rely on them for getting you through the door you really have to humour them and take nothing they say as gospel.

I have done well getting interviews and always get to the 2nd interview stage which has involved time off to attend so if you dont get it you would think that the agency could at least give you some constructive feedback to take with you to your next interview, I have even had 2 interviews and not even had the agency ring me back to say yes or no.

Just went for a big job recently, 2 interviews went really well yet could I get any feedback or even if I got the job? No! Just bullshit each time I ring, I have even seen the same agency and another re-advertise the position yet they deny it :evil: I got pissed off this time as used up 2 more days holiday and found that the agency had sent an e-mail to the employer on my behalf which was cringeworthy!

I sent a hand written letter to the guy who interviewed me explaining that even a month after my interview I had still not heard anything, I had no feedback and that how suprised I was to find an e-mail had been sent on my behalf. It was a simple request for feedback.

Just this second had the agency guy ring me but by chance I was busy writing post :lol: This agents e-mails to me after the first interview we laughable! He tried giving me feedback but it was bull "They loved your diverse role at company "x" and feel this would be a big help to them" Well considering I had never worked for company "x" or the other 2 companies in other e-mails and even called me by a different name in another!

Rant over :evil:

Link to Civil Service jobsite

Always ton's of stuff on there, all over the country, with many many different skills required/types of job/salaries available. If you havent ever considered the Civil Service it might be worth a look, you could be surprised. I often look through it with a view to considering transfer/promotion

Â