New York, New York

MMFy

On 14/07/2023 at 00:19, tomav84 said:

not sure if still the case, or how old you are/look, or even if you drink, but when i went to MSG c.2016 they wouldn't accept UK driving license as a form of ID for alcohol (despite any other bar/restaurant in NYC being fine with it). it's in the arena T&Cs that for non-US residents the only acceptable form of ID for alcohol is a passport.

had to sit through what seemed like about 6 hours of stupid basketball whilst sober as a judge

I got ID'd on my wedding day in new York, I had mine on me, my wife didn't, wouldn't even let me have a beer while she had nothing, they had a ID to sit at the bar rule or something or other, showed them the rings the wedding certificate the lot, obviously convinced id married a minor, she's also got a tattoo on each arm and was at the time 32, their attitude towards it was correct but also bizarre, no common sense or leniency just thems the rules comply or **** off like they don't need your business so don't care, was brutally cold

The funny thing being you mention the basketball... Early in our relationship we went to a lakers game and I quite definitely did not watch it sober a s judge 😂 bored as **** I went off on one, she watched the whole shebang, I spent 75% of it getting out of my seat to go back to the bar and get another beer, the worst of it being I think a beer was $18 or something horrific

• Haha 1

i do think at least in some places things have relaxed a little. went to florida about 4 years ago and across the whole 2 weeks i think i got ID'd only 2/3 times and i probably had a beer most days. i was 35 and certainly look younger. i think there's a bit more common sense now...it was just me and my mrs so i think they just assumed we must have been over 21

• 2 months later...
On 11/07/2023 at 20:50, Milfner said:

You've picked a bad year - both will likely be relevant for the first time in a good while. I think the ticket exchanges are your best bet but you'll need to hope they play a small market team so the prices are reasonable. If there's a divisional game or a team with a big following you might struggle. 

Turns out to be a good year from my perspective. Looked at secondary market tickets at the start of the season and even the nosebleeds were expensive. I’ve just bagged two tickets  6 rows from the field (behind the posts) for $120 each! It’s only Washington but it should be a fun spot to be next Sunday. 

• Like 1

Â