London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

...it's just sanctimonius nonsense .

No it isn't.

Football isn't necessarily 'the greatest show in town' and disagreement with the behaviour that may necessarily follow it (though that's arguable) is only idiotically characterized as you have above.

Exactly.

Sanctimonius nonsense.

Dear Lord it didn't take long for the anti football backlash to begin eh . In two weeks time nobody will remember half the medal winners names from this competition and football willl resume its role as the greatest show in town .

We will all be down Villa Park in our thousands every other week and the Olympics will be a just happy memory . Who knows, we may even draw small heath in the cup and imagine if it went to penalties in front of the Holte End ? Will Villa Park remain in reverent silence whilst the scum step up to take their penalties? I highly doubt it .

This old shit always comes around when other sports get a few hours in the limelight. Footballers and fans alike are branded as mercenaries and neanderthals and it's just sanctimonius nonsense .

Football isn't the greatest show in town. Sky would have you believe that with their w.ankfest over the top 4. I've enjoyed these games far more than I've enjoyed any football match for a long time.

I can't fathom why you're surprised and seemingly angry that there was booing during penalties at a British football match.

I thought it was out of order (I generally do) but most especially at an Olympic event.

I take it you wanted Villa to lose the above shoot outs.

I feel incredibly uneasy when/if (it rarely happens) Villa win something simply either the players or crowd behave badly, yes.

Football isn't the greatest show in town. Sky would have you believe that with their w.ankfest over the top 4. I've enjoyed these games far more than I've enjoyed any football match for a long time.

Lets compare attendances at Villa Park and Alexander stadium over the next few years then.

Right, let's get back to the Olympics instead of talking about whether or not people should boo. It gets boring enough seeing it in the football threads and everyone has a different opinion on it.

I'm really looking forward to the tennis tomorrow. All of the games should be worth watching and we're guaranteed at least a silver in two of them.

I heard booing at the boxing, when a British boxer was beaten by an Italian.

You heard booing after the sporting event had finished?

How did this put one of them off?

I'm just pointing out that it's not only football where booing has occurred. I think it's much worse, booing someone who beat the home boxer, than booing to put the opposition off.

2 more gold medals tomorrow potentially.

Plus the small matter of the mens 100 metre final.

I think we need to get the debate going about that now. I still think Bolt. But it will be close.

Exactly.

Sanctimonius nonsense.

Ha ha ha.

Unsurprising stuff. I guess 'there's no law against it', eh? :P

I think it's best we go back to ignoring each other on VT eh ? It's for the best .

You don't like me and I **** hate your guts so let's just leave it like that.

I'm just pointing out that it's not only football where booing has occurred. I think it's much worse, booing someone who beat the home boxer, than booing to put the opposition off.

I'm not sure which is worse, tbh.

I think they're both appalling.

Some much better examples have been shown by the crowds in events supporting non home competitors, and also the multitude of athletes/participants during the events who have congratulated and consoled one another through their triumphs and defeats especially those at their nadir (having failed when they expected to triumph).

I'm really looking forward to the tennis tomorrow.

Are you looking forward to the booing whenever Federer is about to serve?

No, I'll be encouraging those attending the match to throw sticks and any other objects that could cause physical harm...

So attendances are the measurement of the quality of a sport?

No....just the popularity.

Let's see how big swimming, cycling, rowing and athletics are in 5 weeks time.

Thats like saying lets see how big christmas is in April. Every sport has it's peak in the year.

Â