34 members have voted

1. 1. Srikers starting

• Luke &JPA
    • JPA & Cole
    • Luke & Cole
    • Angel
    • Cole
    • Luke

Which strikers shuld start on Saturday, you decide. I am happy that Luke impressed against Burney now is surely the time fo him to step in for the un-passionate, under performing, Chelski loan star.

We also have the option of having a single striker in a 5 man midfield formation. (it also makes our squad look better :wink:)

even if cole wasnt underperforming, i would go for angel and luke, mainly because luke is ours and chelskiboy is not.... the fact that carlton "my hearts at chelski" cole, is underperforming because hes got no heart or drive, despite his obvious technical ability, really does sum up why i hate loans and slated this one from the start... i hate to be right when it comes to villa, because that normally means its something bad.....

luke has showed more heart, drive and passion in the 30 mins he played yesterday, than cole has showed in the last 4 or 5 games hes attempted to 'perform' in.....

Ooh, interesting how Carlton is no longer flavour of the month since its become clear he's going in january....

I personally don't know if he will go back in jan...

Why would Chelski take back Cole when they could go out and buy any striker in the world?

Its no coincidence that his form has dipped dramaticaly since the rumours of his return to chelsea surfaced.

As far as i'm concerned (i can't speak for anyone else) i've always been dubious about Carlton, mainly because of his problems off the field last year...

I don't want anyone remotely associated with those kind of actions pulling on a Villa shirt...

Maybe i should have stated my case earlier, but don't confuse my opinions with the knee jerk reactions (i sound like rodney marsh) of other villa fans.

Ooh, interesting how Carlton is no longer flavour of the month since its become clear he's going in january....

or maybe people are starting to see the disadvantage of loaning a player.....

Well, even if he wasnt on loan, if he was much cop we wouldnt have, what's the percentage at now, of people wanting a youngster who has never started a match to take his place.

interesting

on his prev performances he deserves it more than cole... even if cole wasnt a loanee...

one of the reasons cole isnt playing well is because he is a loanee and doesnt care about villa and is just biding his time before he goes back to chelsea.... the exact same things i said when the loan was announced, and got slated for, on this site.....

Saturday i think O'leary is going to start Angel and cole myself as he see's it the strongest two of the three! However, O'leary may approach the game in a different view, similar to the point i made before the arsenal game and start with angel and moore up front, leaving the yet "experianced" cole on the bench for late on?

Interesting!

Are people still convinced we don`t need Beattie & we need a midfielder instead?

ABSO-freaking-LUTELY!

Every single match report I've read in recent weeks has complained of the lack of service our strikers are receiving - that JPA is having to go back for the ball too much, etc....

Without Barry we have no legitimate left wing replacement since Hitz likes the center and Whitts is too lightweight.

We atleast have three strikers to throw up front, we have no magic coming from midfield right now, except for Hendrie's sporadic moments of genius iscoring himself in recent weeks, there's been no creativity for other players.

I voted Luke and JPA.

I don't think that Cole and JPA are the right mix. I would be tempted to give Luke a run now, Maybe 5 games, like JG did with Darius. Tell him he's in. this is his chance, he'll get a row of games, not just one, and that he's just to enjoy it. Give it a go, nothing to lose.

For me it has to be luke and angel!!, the bottom line is that luke has been the best stricker weve had on his last two appearances (chelsea and burnley) and i think the kid's confidence must be electrick atm with him having made a his first real major impact on the side by creating a goal out of nothing and for a moment dragging us single handedly from the shambles, but it does'nt stop there!! he'ss running at defences and has imrooved his all round game i.e holding it up, running the flanks, first touch, heading and he can even drop off and creat aswell!!, even if vas was fit id still want the kid in the side as it's time to take the whool off of him now and let him show us the potential weve all been raving about!!, cole just does'nt have the hart for the job and tbh luke has much moore potential than cole ever had!! he'ss come on the pitch for 20 mins and shown up the rest of his teammates!! he'ss created his first goal and bassicly scared the day light out of burnley!! the next step is for him to start and i gurentee the kid will score goals!! come on dol have some gut's and put the kid in the side this saturday!! he deserves it,

up the villa

went for Angel on his own for the everton game.

we may need to pack the midfield, so i'd go with JPA on his tod up front with a midfield of veryone else who's left:

nobby, lee, gav, davis and whitts.

hammer on the bench with CC and Luke.

let's not play into their hands and let them win the midfield battle .......

I think that the danger with Luke, and starting him, is that as a team we're struggling a bit at the moment.

Darius came into a side that were on the up and up, and I think its much easier to integrate youngsters into a winning team than one that just got battered by, erm, Burnley.

The manager needs ot make the decision though, becasue whatever happens things are nt working for carlton.

Luke and Angel for me too.

their chemistry for the reserves ( a while ago i know) apparantly was very good.. and more evidence was their combination at the end against Burnley.

Give the kid a go. After all he is a villa player.. lets help OUR kids progress rather than Chelseas.

Colewell judging by the comments of others we have to condemn Carlton to the reserves or bench forever because he is a Chelsea player who was interviewed and said nothing wrong. We seem to have ignored the fact that since that interview he said he wanted to stay at Villa full-time. My other thoughts on his current mind set are in another thread

here Here

and were confirmed with Kezman scoring last night

Angel FFS I've seen him labelled a one-season owonder in threads yesterday/today :oops: Yet for me still the best forward player at the club

Luke The second coming let's stick him in against to find out, personally I like the way he is being brought in for 15 - 20 mins in the Prem (one thing was I would have started him Tuesday)

Gabi Why not - greater pace than either of the other three and Evernot are not pacey at the back

Oh and I voted for ...... nothing as it doesn't matter as I reckon DOL has to go with JPA /CC

Â