thinking of going on holiday

leemond2008

I have only ever been abroad once when I was 4 years old and within a day of getting there I came out in chicking pox so even being 4 years old it wasnt great

i'm 26 now and i'm getting a bit restless in birmingham so ive been thinking of going on me holibobs abroad

thing is I wouldnt really wanna go any where that will just turn into a 2 week piss up, I can do that quite easily in B23 so I wanto go somewhere a bit different

my mate has mentioned going to new york (he said its pretty cheap there as well, though I wouldnt know)

today I was talking to a mate from work for some reason I mentioned texas and she loves the idea and said she would definately go next year

I say texas for a few reasons

big ass steak

There was a good web site I was looking at earlier that showed all the things to do there and what sort of places you can go to for a night out but I cant find it at the moment

anyone else got any good places other than the usual 'ibiza' ' party party party' destinations

(plus a nice expensive holiday or two would actually give me something to save for and would stop me just literally plodding through life on a day to day basis and would also give me reason to stop pissing all my money up the wall)

New York is NOT cheap

It really does depend on what you want and how much you want to spend. There are numerous places in the states that are superb, what a bout a joint trip to Vegas and SF for example. So basically you have a few days party in Vegas (it really does help with adjusting to time difference) - can go to places like the Grand Canyon also - and then get a car and drive across to SF (its a long way but still a great trip). SF is a superb city and the surrounding area is top banana

We did a Vegas - Hawaii - SF trip and it was superb, Party - Beach - Sightseeing

is it time for me to post my Drat and San Francisco gag again :-)

$ rate has made America more expensive than it used to be , but give it a few more months and China owns it and maybe it will get cheap again

I'm a New York fan have to admit been 4 times so far and never tire of the place , but as mentioned it really depends on what you like doing

I wouldnt mind doing new york to be honest, what would you say is the best sort of duration to stay there for? 1 week,2 weeks?

and approximately how much would it cost in total (flights accomadation, spending money etc)

2 weeks is far too long for New York - a week is pushing it.

As said its very expensive, especially when staying in Manhatten, if you are wanting to go to New York, you should really combine it with somewhere else. Why not up to Niagra?

Alternative to NY is Chicago, that is a superb city to visit

2 weeks is far too long for New York - a week is pushing it.

As said its very expensive, especially when staying in Manhatten, if you are wanting to go to New York, you should really combine it with somewhere else. Why not up to Niagra?

Alternative to NY is Chicago, that is a superb city to visit

ian beat me to it, NY is not cheap very expensive. i would go with his advice regarding vegas , my favourite destination on the planet. chicargo is great too. id also recomend boston, what a fantastic place

Â