Photography?

trimandson

Absolutely anything as long as its Canon lol - and black! ( The S2 is silver and I ruddy hate silver!!! )

Seriously - my first digital camera was a little Canon A60 and the S2 was such a natural step up to switch to another brand would just seem wrong! That and the fact that all the pictures I keep favouriting in flickr always seem to be taken with Canon's. I have a bit of convincing to do before the other half will consent to me 'wasting' more money on a 'hobby' mind.

Bicks, the 24-120vr which I did like is on the way out tomorrow for tamron 17-50 2.8 which i need more for work reasons plus a bit of cash which is going towards my d70s body which im getting as a back up. sorted. And im hoping that in the next few months i´m going to go crazy and lay out for a 70-200 2.8 vr.. just need 940 notes to come in from a few upcoming jobs...

D70s? Is that second hand? Why not a D80?

And have a look at grey imports from the US as the dollar just hit $2 to the £

250 delivered mint d70s body, boxed.. too late! well, as long as the payment goes through!

Another similar one, this time two photo's stitched together

pano02ph0.jpg

The View East from Clogwyn Station

I have to say, I really hope CS3's stitching works as well as this,. This was done in AutoPano Pro which Adobe aquired sometime ago. Tried to do this in CS and it failed miserably, autopano pro pissed it

Bicks, the 24-120vr which I did like is on the way out tomorrow for tamron 17-50 2.8 which i need more for work reasons plus a bit of cash which is going towards my d70s body which im getting as a back up. sorted. And im hoping that in the next few months i´m going to go crazy and lay out for a 70-200 2.8 vr.. just need 940 notes to come in from a few upcoming jobs...

Have you bought the Tamron yet?

If you haven't don't! Theres actually a group test in this months Photography Monthly and the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro comes out much better and its only around £20 more. - Warehouse Express are selling it for £299 (which admitedly is £40 more than they are selling the Tamron)

Llyn Du'r Arddu - Love this pic Bicks!

Why the difference between this and the stitched one?... was it just that the sun went in, or did you tweak the levels of the first one in PS?

Have you bought the Tamron yet?

If you haven't don't! Theres actually a group test in this months Photography Monthly and the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro comes out much better and its only around £20 more. - Warehouse Express are selling it for £299 (which admitedly is £40 more than they are selling the Tamron)

Interesting, bought it already after reading many many good reviews and great feedback. I´ll let you know how I get on. But it seems that magazine is trying to redress the balance but so many good reviews shouldn´t be wrong. I bloomin hope not!

Llyn Du'r Arddu - Love this pic Bicks!

Why the difference between this and the stitched one?... was it just that the sun went in, or did you tweak the levels of the first one in PS?

Well they are taken about twenty mintes apaert and from a slightly diferent angle but yes they have been worked in PS, its rare I take a shot that isnt tbh, the Nikon D70 is that kind of camera it produces slightly underexposed soft images that are meant to be photoshopped

With the version of Llyn Du'r Arddu posted here I used a high pass filter action I sometimes use (as well as a RAW presharpening and a general levels adjustment layer) followed by an action that replicates Fuji Velvia film (though only at about 30% opacity instead of the recommended 70%).

I've actually completely reworked the image for the better now, deciding against the High Pass action and instead doing the levels on the cwm wall separately (select large area and use a feathering of 120 pixels to hide the different levels in the one area). Sometimes the high pass technique leads to an unacceptable deterioration of the image , you can actually see that in this image in the background behind the cliff (theres a quite light patch) and and sometimes (as it does here) it darkens the tops of areas - look at the cliff edge its much darker. In the new version neither of these happens, I've also reworked it with a Fji Provia replicating action the second time and this gives it much more natural colors.

Tbh the stitched panorama needs a lot more work doing to it, the stitch is good but the image just isnt quite right, I need to tweak it differently so thats my next target.

Â