The Wire vs The Sopranos - Which is better?

paddy

Which is Better?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Better?

• The Sopranos
    • The Wire

I love both and I did have to ask myself why I preferred the Sopranos .I came to the conclusion that I find the whole "La Cosa Nostra" thing more interesting than bog standard cops and crooks. Both have great production and acting, but for me I developed more affection for the Sopranos characters than I did The Wire .

There are also fewer weak episodes in The Sopranos than the Wire . Some would suggest entire seasons of the wire are weaker than others which isn't something I could say about The Sopranos.

Pretty much this word for word

Last night I watched a movie from the 80's called "Mona Lisa". It starred Bob Hoskins and Michael Caine. Not a bad film, but here's the thing: One of the cast members of The Wire had a small role. Can you name the cast member? (No looking it up)......

Last night I watched a movie from the 80's called "Mona Lisa". It starred Bob Hoskins and Michael Caine. Not a bad film, but here's the thing: One of the cast members of The Wire had a small role. Can you name the cast member? (No looking it up)......

McNulty?

McNulty?

Nope

Also what happened to her, with no retribution, really annoyed me.

tell me about it...

although i view the fact that it really annoyed me as a compliment to the show....

after it happened to her and Tony went in for therapy the next day i was literally screaming at the television for her to tell him..

that's the beauty of shows like the Wire and Sopranos you become so attached to the characters you genuinely care what happens to them

McNulty?

Nope

If I had to guess I would say it is the guy who plays Lester Freamon. The obvious ones to guess at would be McNulty & Stringer who are both English, but the DVD extras on The Wire say that the guy who plays Freamon has lived in London for more than 25 years (I think he married an English girl), and as he is quite a bit older than McNulty and Stringer I would say him.

McNulty?

Nope

If I had to guess I would say it is the guy who plays Lester Freamon. The obvious ones to guess at would be McNulty & Stringer who are both English, but the DVD extras on The Wire say that the guy who plays Freamon has lived in London for more than 25 years (I think he married an English girl), and as he is quite a bit older than McNulty and Stringer I would say him.

The gold star goes to you, Rev

Â