The Wire vs The Sopranos - Which is better?

paddy

Which is Better?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Better?

• The Sopranos
    • The Wire

Just a spin off from the tv thread. How you judge 'better' is up to you, more entertaining, which one you couldn't sSopranos but its a close run thing

Can a mod add a poll please? I thought anyone could add them in here but obviously not, I lose track.

I love both and I did have to ask myself why I preferred the Sopranos .I came to the conclusion that I find the whole "La Cosa Nostra" thing more interesting than bog standard cops and crooks. Both have great production and acting, but for me I developed more affection for the Sopranos characters than I did The Wire .

There are also fewer weak episodes in The Sopranos than the Wire . Some would suggest entire seasons of the wire are weaker than others which isn't something I could say about The Sopranos.

I've only watched the Wire, but I absolutely love it. It's fantastic, HBO make some bitchin' TV.

I was reading about HBO and they do throw some money at these big shows, which is why everyone loves them so much.

I've only watched The Sopranos but I adore that show. I actually have the first two seasons of The Wire, but I have not managed to watch it yet. Should I be watching it immediately? :lol:

I put off watching The Sopranos for months. HBO also have Boardwalk Empire out, which seems to be good.

I've only watched the Wire, but I absolutely love it. It's fantastic, HBO make some bitchin' TV.

I was reading about HBO and they do throw some money at these big shows, which is why everyone loves them so much.

I've only watched The Sopranos but I adore that show. I actually have the first two seasons of The Wire, but I have not managed to watch it yet. Should I be watching it immediately? :lol:

If you have them already, it would be ridiculous to not watch them.

Yeah, these recent HBO productions are becoming very cinematic. Boardwalk Empire and The Pacific in particular.

If you have them already, it would be ridiculous to not watch them.

Yeah, these recent HBO productions are becoming very cinematic. Boardwalk Empire and The Pacific in particular.

Will do.

Yeah, that is what I read from the review about Boardwalk Empire. HBO really push the boat out so you know it will be fantastic.

Sopranos.

None of the individual episodes of The Wire come close to say Pine Barrens.

In fact, as great as the Wire is, I could never find myself flicking on a random episode. It really has to be watched in its entirety or not at all. This, in essence, is why the Sopranos is the better TV show.

Sopranos for me

the sopranos only weak bit was Tonys coma dreams IMO the wires weak bits were much worse, the slow start and the far fetched end

overall both shows were excellent though, I'd put sopranos top of the pile and then the wire on the next teir alongside mad men, next down you have damages, the sheild, six feet under

I think I might acquire Deadwood...have heard good things about it

If you like the idea of Lovejoy running a whorehouse, and calling people cocksuckers, you'll love it!

Â