Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

What's so bad about Jose's negative tactics? I bet you any money every single Arsenal fan would take Jose's approach and a few trophies to Arsene and nothing!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Ranieri wouldn't be a bad choice but I feel a lot of people wouldn't accept him because he's not British.

I wouldn't accept him because I don't think that he's a good manager.

I agree Ranieri wouldn't be a bad choice but I feel a lot of people wouldn't accept him because he's not British.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.

Ranieri is an idiot, lovely fella but has no killer instinct as a manager and that is ultimately why he has only won a Coppa Del Rey & a Coppa Italia in almost 25 years of management!

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.

:lol: One name sprung to my mind... but anyways...

I wouldn't be too happy with Ranieri but I'm not particularly excited by any of the names being banded about either.

First choice Moyes, second (painfully) Rafa or Jol, although I'm hoping there are options out there that we aren't yet aware of. This really is quite uninspiring though and it might just be paper talk but Houllier and GMac seem to think they're both going to be around next season.

Ranieri is an idiot, lovely fella but has no killer instinct as a manager and that is ultimately why he has only won a Coppa Del Rey & a Coppa Italia in almost 25 years of management!

That is exactly why I don't think he'd make it in the Premier League. He has no killer instinct. Not because he's not British. He has also had quite a length of time out of the Premier League now too.

I'd rather have a Manager already managing in this division but he doesn't have to be British. In fact, if the right person was available, he could be any nationality at all. I just want Villa to get the right person.

Erm Shoody, I'm sorry but you missed out the killer managerial partnership of Salifou with Osbourne as his number 2. That should be at the top of any Villa fan's list.

Ranieri over Hughes though surely?

Not for me mate. I honestly think Hughes would have done very well at Man City given the chance to spend the money. I think he did well to put Blackburn back on the map and is doing well at Fulham. My only doubt about Hughes is that he hasn't yet managed a big club like Villa and I wonder if his forte is in managing smaller clubs. I appreciate that Man City are now classed as a big club but they were only coming of age when he was ditched. Hughes is steady, if not spectacular. I'd support him if he were made Villa Manager but then I'd also support Ranieri, I just feel that Hughes would be a better option. That said, my first choice would be David Moyes, another who has never actualy won anything but has something about him.

I'd also say that Hughes doesn't seem to be out of work very long when he's lost his job. There must be something in that. Fat Sam has struggled to gain employment since.

1 Man Utd -Sir Alex would have no interest in Villa

2 Chelsea -Carlo likely to be ditched, no interest in Villa I wouldn't have thought

3 Arsenal -Arsene would have bigger clubs after him

4 Man City -Mancini likely to go back to Italy

5 Liverpool -King Kenny only has eyes for the Plop

6 Tottenham -Wax head only has eyes for the England job

7 Everton -David Moyes, yes please

8 Bolton -Owen Coyle, I'd like to think Villa would want to talk to him

9 Fulham -Mark Hughes, Randy thought to be an admirer

10 Stoke -Tony Pulis, ugly football, no ta

11 West Brom -Roy Hodgson is a credit to the profession but not a long term option

12 Newcastle -Alan Pardew, no ta

13 Aston Villa

14 Sunderland -Steve Bruce, unlikely

15 Birmingham -Alex Mack, has done a good job for Blues, could be an outside bet

16 Blackburn -Steve Kean, likely to be sacked at the end of the season

17 Blackpool -Gollum, no ta. Good entertainment though

18 Wigan -Roberto Martinez, could be a good outside bet, not the worst choice ever

19 Wolves -Big Mick, doubt it but an outside, outside bet

20 West Ham -Avram, the grim reaper of the relegation battle, no thanks

1 Fergie - UTD

2 Ancelotti - Roma

3 Arsene - Arsenal

4 Mancini - Italy

5 Dalglish - No chance

6 Redknapp - England

7 Moyes - Has to be approached

8 Coyle - Could do worse, may not be interested

9 Hughes - Please no.

10 Pulis - No chance

11 Hodgson - Could do worse

12 Pardew - Lol, no.

13 Aston Villa

14 Bruce - Doesn't need any more of our players shagging his daughter + Ex Blues?!

15 Big Eck - **** No Chance.

16 Kean - No Chance

17 Holloway - No Chance

18 Martinez - No Chance.

19 McCarthy - No Chance

20 Grant - No Chance.