Evening all

Bluemoon

Hi ladies and gents.

Just a few quick questions regarding saturdays game.

We are travelling by train for the first time. Where do we get off? And how far from the station is it to cap and gown? Is this the only pub that will allow away fans (with colours on).

Looking forward to the game, as villa away is always a top day out, and a top atmosphere (although last year they ran out of beer in the cap and gown :( )

Get off at Witton Station (trains from New Street) and the Cap & Gown is on the left as you come out of the station. Enjoy the drink and the game but leave without the points. :winkold:

Hi john, cheers mate. I can't promise the last comment though i'm afraid :P

Bluemoon, what team will Mankini play on Saturday. Will Dzeko start and, if so, will you play 4-4-2?

At a guess, i reckon...

..................Hart......

..zab....kolo...kompany...kolarov..

.................De Jong...............

..........Barry..........Yaya.........

...................Silva..................

..........Tevez....Dzeko.............

This is what i am hoping for :)

Bluemoon, what team will Mankini play on Saturday. Will Dzeko start and, if so, will you play 4-4-2?

At a guess, i reckon...

As a Villa fan, I find it really frustrating that Milner is not getting more of an opportunity and in a more central role. I personally think that having too many options is not necessarily a good think. I can see, and really hope, Jimmy returning to VP in the summer. What do you think/how do you see him?

What are your thoughts on our Darren Bent signing?

I hope you enjoy the build up on Saturday and the free flowing football/Villa Park but have a thoroughly miserable journey back up to Manc Land after a loss.

The Cap n Gown is now called the Witton Arms again isn't it? And I wouldn't venture into any pubs apart from that one especially not the Adventures.

why mate?

Not really away fan friendly, I should know I've been in them all! I'm talking in the vicinty of VP, you will be fine anywhere in the city centre, but the Witton Arms (Cap n Gown) on Witton island by Witton station is your best bet as half of it is given to away fans.

At a guess, i reckon...

As a Villa fan, I find it really frustrating that Milner is not getting more of an opportunity and in a more central role. I personally think that having too many options is not necessarily a good think. I can see, and really hope, Jimmy returning to VP in the summer. What do you think/how do you see him?

What are your thoughts on our Darren Bent signing?

I hope you enjoy the build up on Saturday and the free flowing football/Villa Park but have a thoroughly miserable journey back up to Manc Land after a loss.

I was a bit shocked at the Darren Bent switch. I like him and i think he will do a great job for you. I think he will link up well with young.

As for milner I really do like him, but mancini only seems to play him on the wing, and i think he is much better suited in the central role as you said.

Looking forward to the game, and i think it will be a cracker with a superb atmosphere.

Where is the best place to have a beer in the town centre before getting the train to witton?

Where is the best place to have a beer in the town centre before getting the train to witton?

If you come out of New Street Station you are really more in the central shopping district (next to the revamped Bull Ring) than the drinking area but there are plenty of pubs dotted around. Struggling to think of any that will be particularly better than others though on a Saturday afternoon.

If it were me I would probably come out of the station through the main entrance into the town centre, down the ramp onto New Street and turn left (heading up New Street). I think its about the fourth turn on the right (just after the Boots on your left and with a Barclays on the corner facing you) and there is a large'ish pub about 50 yards up on the right with large TV screens etc. serving reasonably priced beers and food. About 10 minute walk or so.

If you come out of New Street Station you are really more in the central shopping district (next to the revamped Bull Ring) than the drinking area but there are plenty of pubs dotted around. Struggling to think of any that will be particularly better than others though on a Saturday afternoon.

If it were me I would probably come out of the station through the main entrance into the town centre, down the ramp onto New Street and turn left (heading up New Street). I think its about the fourth turn on the right (just after the Boots on your left and with a Barclays on the corner facing you) and there is a large'ish pub about 50 yards up on the right with large TV screens etc. serving reasonably priced beers and food. About 10 minute walk or so.

Brilliant mate, cheers.

Â