Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying. Sitting in third, 42 points from 20 games. Only West Brom and Sunderland are above me. Sunderland have for 56 points from a possible 60, and are just killing it.

How do you lot get through seasons so quickly?

Personally I don't watch the games. I them on only commentary, fastest speed. I guess that's the main thing that speeds up my games.

Boring!!

Anyway, I get through seasons quickly cause I have no life.

I even sometimes watch full games for tactical purposes. They take about 40 minutes on just over half speed.

How do you lot get through seasons so quickly?

Personally I don't watch the games. I them on only commentary, fastest speed. I guess that's the main thing that speeds up my games.

Boring!!

Anyway, I get through seasons quickly cause I have no life.

I even sometimes watch full games for tactical purposes. They take about 40 minutes on just over half speed.

Instead of watching the game I have these little tabs on the screen which I find help me a lot more than watching the game: My player ratings, my players motivation, tactical analysis, action zones, opposition formation, match stats, match overview and match information.

So to whoever said league 1 is the hardest i am starting to agree. In the second season with my Barnet game, having my first bad streak only got 2 points in my last 5 games and its the first time my moral has dropped, genuinely stumped as to how i can turn this around.

Won the prem with Leeds in 15/16, going to keep going for at least another season, I do fear I'm getting to the point of the team being too good though last 3 games I beat Chelsea 4-1, drew with Spurs 2-2 away and beat ManU 3-0.

Going for the conference/non league things seems like too much work, I might give it a go after this though.

Araujo got 41 goals in 33 league games :lol:

In the Prem :D

Beat Hull in the semis, then Sheffield United on pens in the final!!

Just been taken over though, and the new owner said that my job is under threat. What the absolute ****.

Dear Mr Clarke, please make Darren Bent as good as he should be on the next FM, he is annoyingly poor on this one, dreadfully inconsistent, which is one thing he isn't in real life.

I've tinkered and I'm happy he is about right for FM2012.

Dear Mr Clarke, please make Darren Bent as good as he should be on the next FM, he is annoyingly poor on this one, dreadfully inconsistent, which is one thing he isn't in real life.

Tinkered how exactly?

Finished my first season with Bilbao.

1st half of season was fantastic, right up there at the top battling for the title. Attack was scoring like there was no tomorrow and was winning games comfortably as the defence weren't leaking to many. After January however the defence completely collapased. I only kept 3 clean sheets from January onwards. The attack was still on fire but Muniain got injured so had to rely totally on Llorente. Luckily Llorente was on form all season, finishing with 35 goals in 36 games. Spanish & Euro Golden Boot.

I finished 5th in the end. Scoring 95 (the most) but conceding 63 (9th most). Goalkeeper made so many mistakes that led to goals it was becoming ridiculous. Trouble is I don't have much choice. 8 points off CL in the end.

2010-2011 pre-season and have so far signed Ander, Joseba Llorente, Javier Garrido and a 31 yr old backup AMC. Sold a few players too to raise funds.

Tinkered how exactly?

You'll have to wait and see!!

I'd love to tell you but certainly when I was playing the game the new DB was always exciting to spend a few hours looking at players so I'll keep quiet!

Feel free to post up opinions on changes to Bent or anyone in the squad.

Â