Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I signed James Comley for tamworth, excellent player.

After getting Tamworth into the championship, moved onto AC Milan. Currently ending the season in 2015 and joint top. Want to win some big leagues before i call time on this game. Been good so far.

The set pieces within the game are very underrated.. You can defend throughout the match against the toughest of opponents and nick a goal through a set piece for example..

Free kicks and Corners are easy to get goals from..

Against tough oppositions, I tend to play 2 DM's both have the role of "Ball Winning Midfielder" (One will support, One will defend) and my striker will "hold up ball" that usually makes the opposition tackle the striker and sometimes give away free kicks near dangerous areas .. yes it's seen negative though and it is defensive so isn't for those who expect 3-0 results for example.. works for me though.

The set pieces within the game are very underrated.. You can defend throughout the match against the toughest of opponents and nick a goal through a set piece for example..

Free kicks and Corners are easy to get goals from..

Against tough oppositions, I tend to play 2 DM's both have the role of "Ball Winning Midfielder" (One will support, One will defend) and my striker will "hold up ball" that usually makes the opposition tackle the striker and sometimes give away free kicks near dangerous areas .. yes it's seen negative though and it is defensive so isn't for those who expect 3-0 results for example.. works for me though.

I have a 6ft7 regen defender who's shite at everything aside from jumping, heading and strength. He's my emergency tactic, scored 3 from set pieces in 7 appearances. 8)

I always conceded from them in my first season with Leeds, then I made my striker get back and since then I don't think I've conceded more than 2 or 3 a season, still score at least 10 from indirect FK's + corners every season.

Finished 4th with Leeds in 2015, still can't seem to attract top quality players though :?

Don't really like how this game is going, normally I'd have a good few youth players coming through, as well as signing a few good regens but I can't find any and my youth has only produced a half decent winger.

In about 3 years my entire team will be 30-32.

Just started my second season, half decent start, 2 wins, a draw and a loss.

My team is ridiculously young though, average age is 20, and only had to register 4 players! Just one non-homegrown player too which is good!

I'm looking for a cheap playmaker.. Marco Verratti type who will fit in behind the striker.. any ideas? btw, I'm Stade Rennais ( so have about £6m-£8m to spend)

I offered a contract to Verratti but he joined another club instead... so i'm looking for another.

Davide Petrucci? usually goes on a free as well! But quite young so might not fit in straight away, I sold im after 4 seasons for 14m (AFC Telford)

I just got promoted with Eastleigh :)

Going for a new game now as bored with playing Villa or other top division European teams and have opted to try and go through the leagues with one club - Barnet!!!!

Having to scratch around for freebies but not looking too bad so far!

Terry Dixon is a good striker if you need one.

One really annoying thing is offering new contracts to the ones that were part time, they all want a **** shit load!

cheers for the heads up Milfner - i've managed to bag Andras Simon who looks like a (lower league) beast!

I'll give Terry Dixon a look too

*edit* Dixon wouldn't even entertain contract negotiations :shock:

I've got a massive problem with Sanogo..

I've got him on loan from AJ Auxerre and he just isn't scoring goals at all..

4 appearances, 0 goals.. 6.38 rating.

I've tried him as a target man, advanced forward.. nothing seems to work... the service is there from my wingers and midfielders.. I even got Verratti in as a playmaker and he has setup alot of goals but none of them Sanogo have scored.. any ideas?

Â