Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kadlec for striker... usually goes for cheap.. less than £10m for sure.

LB i'd recommend Cheikh M'Bengue.. won't be cheap though.. did a fantastic job for me at Inter for £13m.. after 2-3 season was worth £15m so he is a future investment too i'd imagine.

I got Kadlec in my first season for 1m. He's **** dire. He's scored 3 in 50 odd appearances (majority off the bench), so I'm selling him.

Start of the 3rd season btw, Rhys.

Cheers for the suggestions.

At start of 3rd season on my current game Macheda went to Spurs for £9m, scored 20 in 30 (roughly) that season.

Then sold off to Villa a few seasons later (who are CL regulars) and eventually became Striker of Year a couple of times and Ballon D'or 2nd place twice too.

In other words, quality.

My transfer policy nowadays consists of just signing youths. I scout every player I can find on player search screen within this query: 19 or younger & value of £250k or more. Then I try and sign any player with 3 and 1/2 stars or more. Basically sign future world class players soon as they come out their respective academies. Obviously get a few duffs but I've won enough CL's/League's etc doing that.

Plus can sell a few on for massive profits. And most on very low wages for early years.

You serious about Kadlec? what position are you playing him? whenever i've signed him for multiple clubs he delivers consistently.. you could try Yacine Qasmi as a really cheap backup striker... In my PSG save he is part of the youth academy sent him on loan to newcastle and scored one in every 2.. Lukaku and Babacar are the obvious ones of course.

Got Baines in the end, big £10m though.

Starting XI: Gordon, Santon, Mbiwa, Cáceres, Baines, Adam, Cabaye, Niakhaichyk, Downing, Boselli, Gameiro.

Baines accepted the contract, but then rejected me.

Looks like I'm getting Kolarov on loan for the season. No doubt his work permit will get turned down.

I'd have recommended Araujo for striker, got 19 goals in 30/31 games in his last 2 seasons for Leeds on my game, and one of those seasons I finished 13th. Has a 4.8 mil buyout at Boca, imagine he's been bought by now though.

A bit annoyed with Leeds, I hoped finishing in the Europa spots would allow me to get virtually anybody since I'm just one or two big players away from going for the league, but neither Hazard or Marin wanted to come. :(

Still, signing Sandro from Spurs for 4 million is the best transfer I've done on this game as well as Jurado on a free.

Baines accepted the contract, but then rejected me.

Looks like I'm getting Kolarov on loan for the season. No doubt his work permit will get turned down.

On my current game had Baines at Villa 2010-2012. Won the league & UEFA Cup in 2012. Then had Kolarov at AC Milan in 2016-2017. Won the league, cup and CL treble.

I play attacking full backs so they both worked well in my formation.

I'd have recommended Araujo for striker, got 19 goals in 30/31 games in his last 2 seasons for Leeds on my game, and one of those seasons I finished 13th. Has a 4.8 mil buyout at Boca, imagine he's been bought by now though.

That's okay, I already have him 8)

I'd reccommend Boselli as a target man, mixed supply, absolute machine. 15 pace, acceleration, composure and finishing. Animal.

Signed a regen striker in January at Real. Someone I was after at AC Milan but got beaten to his signing there...anyway, signed in January but won La Liga golden boot, CL golden boot, CL best player and European Golden Boot. Signed from South American so didn't play in any of these competitions before signed for me.

44 in 29 in all comps in 5 months. Did cost £25m though. Worth it.

-----------

Incidentally, won La Liga (easily), CL, Copa Del Rey treble in 1st season.

Enjoying this game again :) maybe I just prefer LLM games but my Eastleigh one is such fun. 4-1 down at half time at the moment, am going 3-4-3 to try and keep my unbeaten record. The keeper has had a mare... they have only had 5 shots!

Â