Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started my first proper FM game this year, decided to be Hellas Verona after reading about their history in 'The Blizzard'. I have a huge budget for a Serie C1/A side. £750k and I am paying a big amount of rent for a 35k seater stadium. Gonna be in debt soon :lol:

Ouch...

8 games left, I need 6 points to be sure of promotion, I now have 8 of my first team injured and 4 of my back up injured. Insane... am losing at home to QPR with a very under strength side, it is like the game decided to bite me lol.

DC: Fonte, Ward, Baker, Baird, Nixon all injured (usually play Nixon - Baker - Fonte - Baird)

MC: Hines (my goal scoring midfielder)

AML: Robinson (winger, creative force)

ST: Rodriguez (20 goals in 32 this season)

I play 4-3-2-1 so this has ripped the heart out of my team!

Started a new game as Villa.

2010/2011

Prem - 6th

FA Cup - Won it.

League Cup - 1/4 Final

UEFA Cup - Group Stages

Couldn't really get rid of players except Salifou (for £1.6m). Petrov, Beye loan fees. Sold Cuellar for £9m in January.

Decided to buy players for £0 up front and all money after 36 months.

F. Coentrao (8m), S. Parker (15m) in August. Mou. Sissoko (15m), P. Jones (15m), J. Pastore (33m), R. Adler (17m), S. Kiesling (17m) all in January.

Created a new tactic that scored a lot of goals (2nd most in Prem) but conceded a few too.

Easy draws in FA Cup, best team I played was Sunderland in final. Lost to Millwall in LC. Had Porto & Lille in UEFA.

2011/2012

Prem - 1st

FA Cup - 1/4 Final.

League Cup - 4th Rd.

UEFA Cup - Won it.

Got rid of Carew, L. Young, Guzan, Friedel, Osbourne, Marshall, Pires, NRC all on frees. Sold Dunne (3m), Heskey (100k), Ireland (10m), Petrov (2.9m), Weimann (600k), Beye (500k), Makoun (Loan fee).

Bought K. Walker (7.5m), K. Papadopoulos (7.5m), S. Aurier (11m), P. Henrique (17m), L. Baines (11m) all in August. 5 youth regens in January.

Tweaked the tactic a little to improve defensively. Worked a treat. Was top from 4th game onwards.

Lost to Man C in both domestic cups. Easy draws in UEFA 'till 1/4's. Had Valencia, draw away & win home. Arsenal in semi's. Luckily I had them in league 3 days before 1st leg and had enough advantage at the top to play 2nd team in league and rough them up a bit. Obviously worked as beat them 4-0 in 1st leg and could have been more. 2-2 in 2nd leg. Beat Fiorentina 1-0 in final.

Darren Bent and Kiesling are absolutely lethal together, in advanced and deep lying positions respectively. Bent scored 27 in 44 then 38 in 42.

Ciaran Clark was quality too, was 4th choice in 1st season. Had to play due to injury around March and became 1st choice from then on.

---------First Team (League)----------------------------2nd Team (Cups)

-----------------Adler----------------------------------------------------Adler-------------

Walker--Jones-----Clark-----Baines---------------Aurier---Papadop---Collins---Warnock

-------------Sissoko-----------------------------------------------------Parker

Downing-----------------------Young---------------Albrighton-----------------Coentrao

--------------P.Henrique-----------------------------------------------Pastore

---------Kiesling-----Bent-----------------------------------Delfouneso----Gabby

------------

Got offered Bayern job in Feb 2012. Delayed decision until end of season but decided to take it.

There's a problem with my game re: international call-ups. Don't know if it's the patch or what but anyway.....

If you withdraw someone from an international call-up they will never be called up again. In fact the computer somehow makes it impossible for them to be called up.

When I was Villa manager I withdrew Gabby, Young, Bent at various times but didn't withdraw Alby or Walker.

Then when I got the Bayern job, I got the England job a few weeks later. First international game comes round and I try to put them in the squad. It doesn't allow me, there is no option to put Gabby, Young or Bent in the squad but I am able to call up Alby and Walker.

My PSG and Real Madrid save is going well atm.. PSG on route for CL not sure on the title though.. Real Madrid 1st on route to win the title hoping there are no injuries to higuain and ronaldo as they key for me.

That said carrying on with my Inter game and really enjoying it.

Â