Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

You made any signings for your second season?

My burnley team for season two is;

----------------------------------- Smithies-------------------------------------

Clyne--------------------Long-----------------Clark--------------------Traore

-----------------------Gardner----Stevanovic---Bannan--------------------

Kightly-----------------------------------------------------------Chamberlain

-------------------------------------Derouard---------------------------------

Subs:

Grant (GK)

Logan

Mangani

Wallace

McCann

Etuhu

Murphy

Just got the fonz on loan too.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took a chance and spent £2m on this kid

bouyc.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

half my budget but I have scouted him three times and even in a friendly against me he ran the show.

i spent £1.7m + clauses on him and it was worth every penny. been playing him as a DLP, good passer of the ball, good creativity, great potential.

Just took a chance and spent £2m on this kid

bouyc.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

half my budget but I have scouted him three times and even in a friendly against me he ran the show.

i spent £1.7m + clauses on him and it was worth every penny. been playing him as a DLP, good passer of the ball, good creativity, great potential.

Good to hear, brilliant! I wasted £1m the season before on somebody I thought was good but he has turned into a whining git who gets sent off easily and causes problems, only bid I have had is 200k so far :( glad this one might pay off!!!

one thing i dont like is this clause where player wnats to be highest paid, automatically goes up when u offer someone more. every time i try get rid of the clause they wont sign unless its included

this when i had skeleburg from ajax i gave gabby new deal of 90k a week as he is on fire and instantly skeleburgs went up to 100k a week!! so i ha dto try sell him because my wage bill is getting out of control. manged to loan him for 500k and 80% of his wages paid. now sold him to ac milan for 4m thank god. (but i ahve to pay 23k of his wages)

4th season won the league easily. won fa cup against united, now in cl final against...united again! no doubt im gonna get screwed now

dzeko is fantastic on this game

Have now finished my 5th and final season with Villa. This is how I did:

Prem: 1st. Best defence, 2nd best attack. Lost 2 games all season (and one of those was last day playing youths.)

CL: Won it. Beat Barca & Real along the way. Fiorentina in the final.

FA: Won it. Man U in final.

CC: Won it. No difficult teams except Spurs in 4th rd.

Club World Cup: Won it. New York in final.

European Super Cup: Won it. Liverpool.

Transfers at start of season were: IN - S.Mandanda (Pre-Contract), Ash.Cole (Pre-Contract), J.Obi Mikel (£3.5m), S.Romero (£15m), R.Lukaku (£6m), 6 regens for a combined £30m. 1 went into 1st team, others out on loan.

OUT - G.Bale (£15m), A.Weimann (£2.3m), C.Clark (£2.8m), N.Delfouneso (£4.6m), G.Agbonlahor (£7.5m), T.Taiwo (£5.25m), G.Ochoa (£6.25m), Youngsters out on loan.

Dzeko won European Golden Boot. Shawcross got in World Team of Year for 2nd year in a row. Ashley Cole turned out to be surprisingly really good despite being 33.

Won every single competition I entered pretty easily in the end. Game got boring. So.....Resigned on July 1st and waited for a job I fancied.

Doing awful in my villa game

Finished first season 13th having bought:

Romelu Lukaku

Jozy Altidore

Juan Roman Riquelme

Julien Faubert

League cup final as well, had to beg to keep my job lol

But now second season having bought:

Phil Jagielka

Federico Fazio

Nedum Onuoha

Victor (keeper)

Clint Dempsey

Borja Baston (youth though)

Pape pate diouf

Hugo Almeida

Randy Lerner accepted bid for ashley young so lost him

Only problem now is im bottom of league after 11 games

I cant seem to turn it round!

Everyone has a very poor morale, how do i turn that around quickly to avoid the sack??

So frustrating, any ideas anyone?

what formation/tactics are you using? are you doing press/team talks or your assistant? also that's quite a few new players, if you've put them all into the first team they'll need time to gel.

turning a season round when everyone has poor morale is always difficult, a couple of wins can do wonders though. try looking at player ratings from the last 5 games and have a private chat with anyone doing particularly badly about their recent form.

morale, team talks and press conferences have a big effect on performance. i always find an assistant manager with good man management and motivating stats and let him take conferences.

have a look at this guide for team talks. it's from FM10 but still seems to work fine.

morale, team talks and press conferences have a big effect on performance. i always find an assistant manager with good man management and motivating stats and let him take conferences.

have a look at this guide for team talks. it's from FM10 but still seems to work fine.

awesome

cheers mate i will take a look

never thought about the stats of my ass man lol

january transfer window gone

raided man city and got jerome boateng for free

big coup by bringing in mario balotelli for 5.25m as he was unhappy

sold riquelme on a free to free up wages and got rid of heskey

all because balotelli wants high wages

hope hes worth it

Â