Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Actually thinking about that kind of thing when I was at work today, a lot of it is hearsay and I won't have a chance to test the data so if I make changes to the likes of Dunne then I don't really know how it will affect the game. Stephen Ireland is going to be the hardest to rate, most of the changes will see players going downwards, there will be a few changes to Lichaj but he's nothing like as good (in my opinion at least) as people think he is, league one at best.

I never thought Lichaj or Hogg were good enough for us, they will have respectable careers though, as will Lowry and Herd.

Lichaj to be fair has improved immensly from when I first saw him playing centre half in a preseason friendly I think at Lincoln (?) a few years back, god he was shockingly bad that day. And Hogg has had two career threatning injuries so mentally they must have quite abit going for them.

Albrighton is raw but can improve and Bannan is the most gifted but needs to know how to apply it.

I don't think you should change Dunne or Ireland, when you look at their attributes they are correct, its just FM cant take into account current situations like we are currently in. Dunne would improve probably every back four in the league except Man U, Chelsea and Man C if he was on form.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've left Pompey, never had a chance of staying up. Managed 8 points from 21 games. I'm now at West Ham, just signed with them till the end of the season, was offered 4 years. Don't want to be here so just keeping them up and hoping to find a new club soon. Was in 18th when I took over. 15th after 2 games 5-1 Newcastle and 2-0 Bolton.

League 1. If you do, just bid for as many players as you can, delay some bids, wait for others, don't concentrate on 10 players and leave it at that because in my experience you'll end up with 2 of them, so the more you bid for the better chance you have and even if some end up being turkeys, just make sure you only give the ones you are 100% about longer contracts.

And its bloody hard, you get a lot of rejections but keep looking and you WILL find gems :)

LLM is much more about trailing the bargain bin and freebies :P oh and the loan system is VERRRRRRY important, use it!

Get a parent club asap.

Yes, Southampton have sent me a number of players. You can reject it mind, when it comes to confirm but in my experience even as squad fillers and for no wage cost, it is worth bringing them in. If you can become a favoured person of theirs, you will of course, have more chance to bring them in on a full time contract too.

Oh and one funny thing, my pitch was crap, the opposition managers started moaning that it was hard to play against me at my ground because of it, so I left it :P

I've just bought the game today and am embarking on a rare Villa challenge. So far I'm still in pre-season so just tweaking my tactics and squad. Trying to offload some big earners but have managed to bring in Mavuba, Defour and Lukaku to improve things. Need some spare wages to bring in back up at full back so it's farewell to Carew, Osbourne, Salifou and probably Dunne (to Atl Madrid!) whilst Beye looks likely to get a season on loan so that should get his wages out for a year.

Just played my first friendly and best Leicester 5-2 away. Went for 4-2-3-1 initially with Mavuba and Ireland in midfield and Downing, Young and Albrighton behind Gabby. Switched to 4-1-3-2 when I was 4-0 up and that was when I shipped the two goals so might need to look at that.

Exciting times!

Not really sure if the patch has worked 100% on my Easteligh saved game.

According to the Siforums, the delay after delay for a new stadium was a pre patch issue :( so am doing a new one, this time no club, on holiday till I get one.

Shame as I was enjoying the Eastleigh game

Have now finished my 4th season with Villa. This is how I did:

Prem: 3rd. Too many young players and a not so good defence cost me the title. Scored most by a mile.

CL: Won it. Beat Bayern 4-0 in final. Also beat Barcelona on the way (winning 3-0 in Camp Nou).

FA: Won it. Arsenal in final. Also beat Small Heath 5-0 in Quarters.

CC: Lost in Quarters to Spurs. Didn't care. Was an excuse to play youngsters.

Transfers at start of season were: IN - I.Munian (Pre-Contract), T.Taiwo (Pre-Contract), tonnes of good regens for a combined £40m. A few of which went straight into first team.

OUT - J.Collins (£2m), V.D.Wiel (£4.2m), S.Warnock (£2m), Delfouneso (Ln Fee), Wiemann (Ln Fee), S.Lowry (£1.9m), Agbonlahor (Ln Fee), Bale (Ln Fee), C.Adam (Free), R.Mavuba (£5.25m). Lots of youngsters/regens out on loan. S.Ireland (£5m in Jan).

Had to get rid of all those first teamer's on loan fee's because nobody would buy them.

Highlights of the season included winning the double of course. And that win at Camp Nou, where I battered them. Some mega wins in league too i.e. 8-1 v Wigan, 6-0 v Forest/Portsmouth, 5-0 v Burnley/Fulham/Stoke.

Standout performers of the year were: Shawcross again, A.Young, a regen striker.

Now I will win the Club World Championship and done everything I wanted to with Villa. Will decide whether to continue this game or start another at end of next season.

Â