Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty similar to my Bradford save, just got into the Championship after 3 seasons, haven't spent more than £35,000 on a player.

i got Ben Tozer on a free aswell, Routledge rejected my contract offer and went elsewhere though. I just wait until half way through the transfer window and the top clubs start offering me their youth players for free, got Danny Batth from Manure and he's been awesome, got player of the year last season.

was Parzyszek a free? sure I paid a couple of mil for him on my Villa save.

Parzyeszek was free :) nobody went for him and he looked quality, scouted him and it game back positive so I tried and was shocked when he came, he is my highest payed player and looks good so far.

Tozer is good but the git has just this moment scored an own goal to cost me a home game but still, I am a tiny club so cannot expect much for where I am.

Routledge, I bid 100k in April but it never let me choose a contract length :( so I withdrew, thankfully I was able to offer him a contract and for no fee in June, has been a good signing also.

Abic looks good also too, another free :-D

Liverpool have bought Parzyszek on my game so I doubt I'll be getting him any time soon.

My current team:

cityteam.th.jpg

£20k for Downing and £8k for Martin, rest were frees. Gardner's been pretty disappointing when I've played him, but he's still only 21. Salifou on the other hand has been a great signing. Lichaj is available on a free at the moment aswell but my scout basically said he was crap.

Nice squad there.

Parzuszek.. is he that good then? Might need to get him more games, its Weimann mainly playing with Porrit.

Actually your squad has put a name into my head to look out for - not that he plays for you, but for some reason it clicked in lol

Liverpool have bought Parzyszek on my game so I doubt I'll be getting him any time soon.

My current team:

cityteam.th.jpg

£20k for Downing and £8k for Martin, rest were frees. Gardner's been pretty disappointing when I've played him, but he's still only 21. Salifou on the other hand has been a great signing. Lichaj is available on a free at the moment aswell but my scout basically said he was crap.

try getting kakuta on loan from chelsea i think it was, absolute beast for championship sides.

Comments of changes andy - whats the benchmark for the training youth and academy numbers? Seem low, and max attendance is 55k?

The max attendance has been set at that level for some time and falls in line with the plans that have been in place over the years for expansion (and probably the maximum size realistically) of Villa Park. Based on the moderate success of recent years and the feel good factor which Randy and MON brought along we've still struggled to sell out on any kind of regular basis.

Youth Academy and Youth Recruitment ratings have been set on a wider scale based on the level of player we have produced so that won't be changing. Our record (in FM terms) is not that impressive, although we have produced a good amount of players at lower levels.

Dodgyknees do you still play your Q.P.R savegame? what tactic do you use on that? I'm portsmouth atm doing relatively well i'm trying to get in the premier league but the tactic i am using isnt suited to most games in the championship with the players I have, so i'm wondering what tactic you use?

I've started a game with Portsmouth. Half way through the first season sitting 2 points clear. Been using a rigid 442 with a deep defensive line

Fullbacks on auto

CB on defend

RM winger attack

RCM ball winner support

LCM central midfielder defend

LM winger support

STR target man support

STL advanced forward attack

Works well in the championship but just played Bolton in the FA cup, lost 2-0 at home so not will probably have to tweak it a bit for the prem.

Hoping to get promoted this season but can't wait to get rid of some of my players Mokoena and Brown especially who seem to be competing to see who can have the most cards. Mokoena has 9 yellow and 3 reds, Brown has 8 yellow and 2 reds. Tried setting tackling to easy and telling them to stop diving into tackles but nothing seems to work

I've only used Danny Wilson and De Laet on loan for 3 months. Stuck with what I started with now. 5 points clear with 11 games to go now though. I better get some decent money next season as I have a squad to replace, counted about 7 players I would keep, some starters mostly back up. Would have like to keep Utaka and Nugent but can't afford the contracts.

I'll probably stick with them until managers start going next season and take a prem club if a decent on opens up

Dodgyknees do you still play your Q.P.R savegame? what tactic do you use on that? I'm portsmouth atm doing relatively well i'm trying to get in the premier league but the tactic i am using isnt suited to most games in the championship with the players I have, so i'm wondering what tactic you use?

I am going to go back to it, let me load up and see as I have changed style totally for my current one. Think I played my 4-3-2-1 formaton.

tried twice to upload but got an error

basically

4 defenders

3 centre mids - all of these have to have high stamina, passing, decent work rate - the sort of style a box to box would need. the middle of the three is to be played ball winning and defensive, one of them box to box and one a deep playmaker but if I am honest it depends who you play

wingers next pushed up, need to have the skills to take on opponents and have very good stamina, I do not play them as wingers but as inside forwards

striker, a poacher with all players on through balls.

defenders all need good anticipation, very good positioning. All players need to have a good work rate. Again this tactic really only works if you buy the players to suit it. which took me 18 months to sort (as shown by finishing something like 14th, 10th then promotion once I had got all players for it)

tactic1.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Â