Barry Bannan

villianusa

When you're proved wrong remember this thread and the statistics you chose to ignore.

Edit: Daniel Johnson looks good too. Either of them. And Carruthers.

Edited by Con

When you're proved wrong remember this thread and the statistics you chose to ignore.

Edit: Daniel Johnson looks good too. Either of them. And Carruthers.

Funny, I said the same thing about him being sold in the summer a number of months back when you were claiming he was going to be good enough to join Man Utd or Arsenal.

You are in some way affiliated with Bannan. There is no way anyone is the world can possibly misjudge anyone's ability as much as you have without having some kind of ulterior motive.

He'll be playing for Tamworth Town before he plays in the Premier League again. At least he made a few quid in the short time he was here though... he can now hold lock ins down the pub free of charge for all his mates.

Opinion counts for nothing if you invent facts/claims. 

If Bannan had consistently played and at the end of the season was still top in the league for crosses, he would

get the interest of Champions League teams, because being top in the league at something is exceptional. Interceptions, crossing, tackling - whatever it is, that's exceptional. For Bannan that was crossing.

What happened, he got injured, lost his place, he barely played for the rest of the season. I also think that on balance it is a fair criticism whether the pace of the Premier League is too quick for him his, so he needs additional improvement/experience in free play to get into a Champions League side.

BTW if I'm going to be accused of being connected to Bannan if I simply recite his season's statistics, what if I claimed in my opinion of watching him play, he's a friggin genius? Genius will out.

I've not said that though. Just wondered what you'd say if I said that.

Barry Bannan = Best work experience placement, EVER.

There is no other way to describe the fact he's still here. I watched him when he was warming up at Half-Time vs Sunderland and even then he couldn't pass the ball. He had his sleeves pulled over his hands like a child, was trying to 'slice' the ball and kept making the other subs have to run 20 yards to collect a 2 yard pass.

Sooner he is sold/released, the better.

Opinion counts for nothing if you invent facts/claims. 

If Bannan had consistently played and at the end of the season was still top in the league for crosses, he would get the interest of Champions League teams.

The top sentence is true.

The bottom sentence is a claim

And that is why you are a troll.

Bannan wasn't injured when he was out of the team. He was DROPPED because he had been playing shit. Those would be the same shit appearances which you claim were good enough to get him a move to Man Utd.  :crylaugh: 

Then he came back into the team and we won a couple of matches against very poor quality teams, which Bannan did not stand out in. He kept his place in the team because of those wins, but as soon as we came across better opposition he massively failed with the final straw being his appaulling performance against Liverpool in a game where he nearly assisted more goals to Suarez in 60 minutes on the pitch than he has done to Villa in last 5 years!

He hasn't got a look into the team since, and yet still, STILL, you claim that these performances which couldn't get him into the worst Villa team in many years or the worst Scottish team in history, are the reason why he is going to prove all the doubters wrong and one day play in the Champions League for a team in the Premier League.

You are sooooo **** wrong I can't believe you take even yourself seriously.  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

Bannan has been the worst player at Villa this season by a country mile. It's time you realised that because everyone else who has watched him play has... including Lambert, Strachan, Burley, Levein, Houllier, McLeish, MacDonald and O'Neill.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Bannan had a hip injury and Delph kept his place on form.

Proof please, because I believe you're making shit up again.

Lambert:

And Lambert said Bannan has issued the perfect response on his Premier League return after more than a month out of the first team. He said: “No-one is happy when they are left out, that will never change.

“I had a chat with Barry and he’s responded in a really good way. This is Barry’s first real sustained season of being in the first team for long periods, then being in and out.

“Sometimes you need to do that to young players to take them out and give them a break – then put them back in and get the impetus from that.

DROPPED!

For

being

really

shit.

Football commentators said he had a hip injury. 100%.

It's possible he had a hip injury and then was "dropped" because he did not return to the first XI immediately after he got fit again. 

That would fit with what we are both saying. It might have annoyed him that he was fit again but not in the first XI.

No I didn't. There is no reason why we could both be right. Pay more attention to what I'm actually saying! It would be a lot less funny if you did that so you don't have to, but then you wouldn't get me whining on correcting you all the time.

To be fair on Bannan, he hasn't played badly this season. He's just been a scapegoat for the most part of it. I think he's done more good things than bad this season. With Bannan, it seems like everything bad he does is emphasised and everything good he does is brushed under the carpet or twisted in a way to bash Bannan more. Also people seem to bash Bannan for the sake of bashing Bannan. Perfect examples: people slating him for a chipped back pass to Given against Bradford even though we retained possession and people slating Bannan for a little 10 yard chipped pass to Baker, even though baker controlled it and we retained possession.

One thing we've seen from Bannan this year is, he tries his hardest, works ever so hard and at times he's ran himself into the ground. I think we've seen him mature a bit, he doesn't really punt long aimless balls now, he's matured in such a way that he is prepared to go simple. Although he does sometimes try and force it a bit too much. I think for what he does and what he offered to us this year, he has certainly been a help.

• Like 1