Scientific Experiment: Should DOL be Sacked #1

IainG

Should DOL go?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Should DOL go?

• Yes
    • No

After an idea in today's chat room, I want you to answer this. Don't need reasons, don't need anything except a yes or no. If you want to discuss it, fine, but this is just to get a measure of numbers...

Oh and I'm not taking the piss, nor am I suggesting he should or shouldn't go. Just trying something out!

Well this is how you feel at the moment...

Which is why I voted no.

To be honest Iain, this poll just seems like another tool to be used in the old 'I told you so' wars. Malcolm would be proud......

Why would I be proud DDID, there's still 20 odd games left.

Well this is how you feel at the moment...

Which is why I voted no.

To be honest Iain, this poll just seems like another tool to be used in the old 'I told you so' wars. Malcolm would be proud......

Why would I be proud DDID, there's still 20 odd games left.

How do you know I'm talking about you?

Come on, a poll like this after a very good run of games. Everyone knows after the Doncaster performance I thought that was the end, if he hadn't turned it round over Christmas we'd have been completely stuffed, but luckily he did.

I did want him gone, but I also said there's no point until the takeover is decided one way or another. So I thought he should stay, which he did. Things have changed though since the Doncaster game, we almost needed that. DOL has started to look like he cares, stopped making excuses and the team actually look like they want to play for him.

I supported him before this, even if it was with a bit of reluctance for a while, and now I think he's managed to turn things around. Not sure just yet, but he has done a good job now and I think he can keep us up. So, no, not now. But he's not safe yet. But I have faith in him.

I'm going to do one of these after each game to see how people's opinions change over time.

I'm not trying to build a "told you so" tool, and I'm not trying to cause any arguments. It's just to see how results affect opinion, so asking after a derby win is, I reckon, a fairly good place to start.

I have explained. But I'll explain again.

I want to track the trend of whether or not people think DOL should stay or go. Nobody needs to explain themselves, nobody needs to own up to what they voted for, any nobody needs to even post a reply. I can't see who's voted for what, so I've got no ammo to get sarcastic with anyone or pick anyone out who changes their mind.

It's just a simple way of monitoring support for DOL.

Right now, I wouldn't sack him. Obviously, as it would be madness sacking the manager when the team is having a good run.

However, should we lose our current form again fairly soon, and drop back into the shambolic state we were in just a few weeks ago starting another period of depression, he'd have to go.