Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

and likewise im sure theres lots iPhones do that android doesnt.

That's the thing, there isn't. If there was functionality iOS had Google would add it to Android. Apple has a superior selection on the app store, particularly for games.

The main ones are widgets, custom home screens and live wallpapers rock hard.

Also tasker does most things for me without me needing to do them myself. Anything can be automated, even as far as say sending your wife a message when you are one mile from home on a weekday evening. To put the kettle on.

Literally anything you can do yourself, tasker can do for you automatically.

and likewise im sure theres lots iPhones do that android doesnt.

That's the thing, there isn't. If there was functionality iOS had Google would add it to Android. Apple has a superior selection on the app store, particularly for games.

Well the desktop/app menu point made above, thats easy enough to do with iPhone if I understand what he means.

Also tasker does most things for me without me needing to do them myself. Anything can be automated, even as far as say sending your wife a message when you are one mile from home on a weekday evening. To put the kettle on.

So android is the lazy mans phone?

Yes, that's it, anything android can do that iphone can't is something iphone users wouldn't want to do. We've heard all this nonsense before.

Yes, that's it, anything android can do that iphone can't is something iphone users wouldn't want to do. We've heard all this nonsense before.

Well im struggling to see something that I'd want to do really, Ill be honest, I got an iPhone casue Io wanted an iPhone. Not beacuase it does this and that. But I fail to see something in android that makes me think I shouldnt have had an iPhone tbh.

My Iphone will look exactly like your Iphone.

Now If i want my phone to tell me what appointments I have today or what the weather is or to have a picture of my kids on it the I can with Android. if I want to do this on the Iphone I guess I would need to jailbreak it.

The level of customisation on the Android side is far far superior than the Iphone.

Basically I have multiple home screens, with various info displayed in tiles on them. With an iphone you press any icon it opens an app.

My widgets display info on my home screens. I can have 9 home screens. So weather and twitter updates appear at a glance. Football rss feed. Anything you want. I can have my wallpaper be google maps that goes to my location if I turn gps on, which I can without going into settings because I have the power toolbar on a homescreen, I simply tap the icon and it toggles the gps. I've one for ring on off vibrate, one for turning auto rotation on off. I never go into my apps drawer.

Hell if I like how the windows phones look but want android I can make everything look like windows ui. There are different launchers too, meaning what you see when your phone is on, that's the launcher.

Anything you want to do you can. As it's open source, people can write any code to do anything they want.

In simplified terms yes. But it misses the point entirely. At a glance info is incredibly useful. Like wouldn't you like to find out news and info without looking for it? Wouldn't you prefer to have all the settings you change a lot in handy little toggle icons.

It sounds simple but customization means a lot. I get bored with the look of my phone and layout, so I go change it up, get a new launcher move all the widgets I don't use much.

It's hard too explain since you are new to smartphones and bought the biggest gateway phone, the iphone. It's not that important since you won't be getting an andros phone anytime soon. It'll become easier to understand when you are used too smartphones. So don't worry about it now.

Suffice to say, Android phones start out exactly like an iphone, you got loads of icons and they are apps, but if you delve deeper you can customize to your hearts content.

Yes, you can scroll, or if you pinch the screen you are on it lets you pick which screen to jump to. If you don't like the pinch, you can set it to double tap, ie customization.

I have different home screens for different stuff, one for news, one for sport, one for media, one with shortcuts to apps I use a lot. The widget is very handy for music playing for example.

I have similar home screens, i scroll across for games, media, news/sport etc.

I dont get what the difference is!?

You have to open an app to see it's data.

I scroll right, my agenda for the day is there. Scroll right again, my RSS feeds, scroll right again, news articles. Left I get my music player, left again, facebook news feed, etc etc.

All information available at a glance, without launching an app.

Â