Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for my comment last night LEE-av...... The Lerner bid speaks to the SA/VFC and shares ideas and now ST releases a statement that seems strangely timed given Padfields comments.

Read into what I say how you like

I have no need to read into what you say at all - I KNOW, and so do you.

there is ana rticle I jsut read (sorry dont have link available) where keith harris says lerner will be at VP wednesday. he wont say where RL will sit, but that he is " a man of the people", implying it wont be the directors box

Where was the article?

Know what????

Apparently Padfield and Co. are going to bid on Wednesday?

Thats what atleast a few of the people on that forum are claiming.

Wishful thinking imo

I would genuinely be absolutely staggered if they, or anyone else bid. it just isnt going to happen, and the reason it isnt going to happen is that it is extremely rare for someone to make a losing bid in these situations. You bid only when you know you are going to win.

Know what????

Apparently Padfield and Co. are going to bid on Wednesday?

Thats what atleast a few of the people on that forum are claiming.

Wishful thinking imo

I would genuinely be absolutely staggered if they, or anyone else bid. it just isnt going to happen, and the reason it isnt going to happen is that it is extremely rare for someone to make a losing bid in these situations. You bid only when you know you are going to win.

I agree, i expect Padfield and Co have notcied the response that Randy has got from the fans, they will realise that it would be very hard, and their bid would have to be very very good to change people's minds. I think Randy was clever in the timing of when he made his bid, its no coincidence that it meets up with the Reading game. Even though i would of prefered it to be earlier, better late than never!

Agreed, agreed, agreed....This is not like bidding for a player and hoping that it gets accepted before the transfer window. We are talking a multi-million pound business transaction that will only submitted if it is understood that it will be successful.

IMHO the clock has run out.....

Agreed, agreed, agreed....This is not like bidding for a player and hoping that it gets accepted before the transfer window. We are talking a multi-million pound business transaction that will only submitted if it is understood that it will be successful.

The clock may have run out on the AV06 bid - it was always playing catch up. There may still be some twists and turns. This week could be interesting

The clock may have run out on the AV06 bid - it was always playing catch up. There may still be some twists and turns. This week could be interesting

Well hopefully Thursday and Friday will be boooooring cuz we'll know the result :) I'm hoping only today & tomorrow can have any stings in the tail.

Well, i think the point I was making about only bidding if you know your bid is the winning one doesnt so much apply to Padfield or Neville or Still, it applies to Lerner. In other words, he bid becasue he knew he was going to win.

IMHO this was over the day MON walked into VP. MON is clearly a Lerner man, and I dont think you'd go around appointing managers unless you were 1000% certain of the end result. Everything since then appears to be following legal formalities, its over, and has been for weeks imho.

No, I ain't bullshitting just had an email from someone who is close to and been talking to this AV06 consortium.

Apparently they are pulling out and letting Lerner go ahead unopposed.

It ain't bullshit cos I've just read the e mail from this person myself. Lets hope its 100% spot on and they don't change their mind.

disco.gif