Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

own up who bought one share?

LSE

Interesting purchases at £5.38.

If they're going to sell at £5.47 they're making 1.37% (after £12.5 per trade) on their £12.5k for 3 weeks investment. Quite a decent return for a "sure thing" - if you can minimise trading costs. Two purchases both below the £10k stamp duty limit, very shrewd of someone, more so through an ISA I guess.

and these people will sell to Lerner !!!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats more satisfying than knowing that should you and your girlfriend have children that they will grow up supporting the Villa to the dismay of their Grandfather who would be desperate for them to follow SHA, especially when the other daughter is engaged to a Liverpool fan!

Other than the whole redscouse thing, I'd say that's proof of evolution... :D

and these people will sell to Lerner !!!

They'll sell to whoever wins, I would doubt they're fussed - but you never know it might be a lerner fan making money and helping the deal along!

0.02% of the issued shares - nothing significant.

Surely trading has been suspended?

Nop and THAT's why Messrs Padfield & AV06 have landed themselves in

trouble over public comments regarding their bid ....It could be seen to affect the share price with regard to the offer already on the table which is just not cricket gentlemen!!

heres a question that hasnt been asked. can padfiled make a bid over the weekend? to my knowledge if the LSE is closed that would mean they have to bid earliest monday?

am i right or wrong for one of you experts?

Padfield won't be bidding. Period.

Padfield won't be bidding. Period.

You that confident ahamaad? i hope your right pal! there has been so many twists in this saga im not ruling anything out until wednesday comes and lerner is unveiled as our new owner

Maybe Ellis would like to donate some of his 25M seeing as he always had the clubs best interests at heart, he is a fan afterall.

I have been thinking that as well Richard, after all, he can't take it with him when his time is up. Mind you, he could have invested in Cryogenics in order to take over again in the future. On reflection, what a frightening thought !

Well as far as I'm concerned Mr Lerner & Co have done everything right

Can't fault them at all...after yesterday's announcement about Share Certificates

being returned and stamped, a letter arrived this morning to that affect also!

Yep, got my letter too.

I have to say, as with most things in the world, americans do lead the way. I can only speak for my profession, but I'd say they were at least 5 years ahead of us.

Can't beat the old USA efficiency can you Jules?

Very true! They're great to be with as well Americans a real a laugh most of em the only thing I don't like about the place is the amount they waste especially food!! which is dreadfully sweet. Its a disposable, terribly materialistic wasteful society and although its great to visit, there's always a part of me that's glad to be home.

Anyhow OT rant over .. :roll: washing to catch up on..footies back

:D