Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the fans group in question proactively engaged other potential buyers to ascertain their plans? I understand that the onus is on the buyer to contact the fans group, but in the absence of that happening, why not contact the buyer directly?

My understanding is that Neville also contacted Fear and Co, I dont know what the result of that would be

I get the impression, although this is no more than a guess from looking at different people's opinions on things, that Padifled has been in contact with the Supporters Trust

Mike Mckenna certainly spoke to Lerner's people, Padfield himself and neville

It seems as if Damien Dugdale has also been in contact with Padfield

The nett result of all this is that pretty much everyone on this site and on Vital villa and on Holte-enders are massively behind the Lerner bid. Other sites may have different opinions. The Supporters trust for example has board members very closely aligned with the H&V site, or used to anyway when i cared about such things. I havent read anything on there since being pointed recently in the direction of a thread which consisted of several pages of calling JF every name under the sun, but I would be frankly shocked if that site had anything like the support for lerner that this one or the others mentioned has. Damien Dugdale runs the Villa Blog site, which has now stopped its two year anti-O'leary crusade which put Howell's efforts to shame, and appears currently on something of an anti-lerner bent, publicising any rumours as fact.

The wonders of Villa politics for you

A Villa well bought is an apple well sold.

Richard I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking or a drag of whatever it is you've been smoking.

its a parody of a famous Ellis quote that he always dragged out when buying someone

An apple well bought is an apple half sold

No-one could ever figure out what the hell it meant

nice to be talking about this tuff in the past tense

I think the implication is that when trading, you lock in your profit when you make the purchase, ie you buy something undervalued. Such a philospohy would be mirrored in petchey's share acqisitions, buy something on the cheap, alert people to its true value, alongside it's future potential, and then sit back and watch the auction.

When used by ellis however it tended to be an excused to bid £2m underneath the asking price, and watching the deal fall apart because he's such a shrewd businessman.

Have the fans group in question proactively engaged other potential buyers to ascertain their plans? I understand that the onus is on the buyer to contact the fans group, but in the absence of that happening, why not contact the buyer directly?

My understanding is that Neville also contacted Fear and Co, I dont know what the result of that would be

I get the impression, although this is no more than a guess from looking at different people's opinions on things, that Padifled has been in contact with the Supporters Trust

Mike Mckenna certainly spoke to Lerner's people, Padfield himself and neville

It seems as if Damien Dugdale has also been in contact with Padfield

The nett result of all this is that pretty much everyone on this site and on Vital villa and on Holte-enders are massively behind the Lerner bid. Other sites may have different opinions. The Supporters trust for example has board members very closely aligned with the H&V site, or used to anyway when i cared about such things. I havent read anything on there since being pointed recently in the direction of a thread which consisted of several pages of calling JF every name under the sun, but I would be frankly shocked if that site had anything like the support for lerner that this one or the others mentioned has. Damien Dugdale runs the Villa Blog site, which has now stopped its two year anti-O'leary crusade which put Howell's efforts to shame, and appears currently on something of an anti-lerner bent, publicising any rumours as fact.

The wonders of Villa politics for you

Pete, I think it is fair to say the majority on H&V back Lerner ....

Some want to see if AV06 have a proper bid

and some people's stances are non comittal ...

however in the wider Villa community (listen to Butler on WM) I have only heard a few dissenting voices against Lerner but overwhelmingly it is for him

however in the wider Villa community (listen to Butler on WM) I have only heard a few dissenting voices against Lerner but overwhelmingly it is for him

Not like the writers of todays letters in the Mail then? :winkold:

:lol:

Not like the writers of todays letters in the Mail then? :winkold:

:lol:

yeah I know up to that point the letters had been positive and a 50/50 split but then it is the mail.

a paper printing lies yesterday

I am starting to think that we will end up with AV06. The quotes and rumours about a new bid cannot IMO be completely without foundation. IF a bid of say £70 million was submitted, it would be extremely hard for the board to turn it down I think. Money is the key, and a difference of more than £7 mill will be too much not to accept. Think about it: £7 mill is more than £2.5 mill more to Ellis and way more than £1 mill more to Petchey. Will they turn down this kind of "extra money". I fear the answer is "no" as I think, based on what has been said and written in the last few weeks, Lerner is the ideal owner for Aston Villa Football Club in the long run and like so many others AV06 has not done or said much to make me trust them. I trust Naz and Jon and I trust that they have not been completely fooled by Lerner and his advisers. In the end, my hope is that a AV06 bid (and I am becoming more sure that there will be a bid) has so many conditions and weaknesses (other than the bid amount) that Rot's and the board cannot recommend it. Typically for Villa, we got rid of Ellis but we are still not happy. I want to go to sleep and wake up next Wedneday and find that Lerner is still the new owner. No more crap, please.

I was just flicking over and saw a breaking news thing. I think we may have made an announcement to the stock exchange.

We must stay with Lerner

Truls, I think that quote is from December last year :)

God its amazing how long this saga has been going on for!

ianrobo1 - I was also interested to read the Indie's report today that they actually quote Padfield (unlike the Mail) and some comments are almost identical.

Makes me wonder if Padfields group did say those things - and if they didn't I would have expected a denial in the Indie statement.

Unless they (AV06) actually say they haven't said this - the lies are coming from them not The Mail...... which in my eyes makes it worse.

Of course, the reality is we don't know if it was The Mail or AV06 saying those things - but your right, the fact still is lies were reported when other facts from Lerner completely contradicted the comments and that shouldn't be condoned.

Hi im new and love to talk about villa so Ive joined up, to be honest I know weve got to be patient but im worried that we wont have time to spend any money and get in problems up to January and it may be too late!?

guiness.jpg

Welcome. All good things come to those who wait.

Welcome VF Chris. I wouldn't worry. This isn't a million miles from the squad that came 6th under DOL. MON has great motivational abilities and relegation is not an issue this season.

As I just said; this is killing me. I know Mike McKenna spoke to Padfield earlier in this saga, Mike; where are you? Have you spoken to him again? Anyone else apart from the guy at the Villa Blog site who are in the know about this? Could someone please calm me down as I am not able to do so myself and tell me it's going to be Lerner?