Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just ask. Is the formal announcement to the LSE the final act of the takeover?

No, it will take over three weeks from there to finish the details, but that will all be formality

Can I just ask. Is the formal announcement to the LSE the final act of the takeover?

Well if Doug and Petchey agree on one of the 'bids' then it is a given they will win the shareholders approval.

Therefore Ali you are correct.

I am going to buy a bottle of Champagne this weekend. I'm not saying I'll need it anytime soon, but it'll be there just in case.

It's important to have one in the fridge at all times, regardless. You never know when you might need it. A bottle of champers in the cooler and a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label on top of it. Rock and roll!

No, it will take over three weeks from there to finish the details, but that will all be formality

So lets be honest the takeover is not going to happen before the season starts!

:(

Richard, Villa is not a big PLC in the realms of Hanson but its still has a relatively big turnover and a massive wage bill by anyone's standard! Therefore there is a due diligence procedure that has to happen and it does take time. Yes my family did write a report and also held council to over a 1,000 supporters at Villa leisure centre three years ago at JF's request.I am on here purely to try and keep the supporters spirits up and reassure them that in my informed opinion I have little doubt about this takeover happening.

So lets be honest the takeover is not going to happen before the season starts!

:(

It never was!

The timescale for a 'typical' takeover is around 90 days

The trick is realising how far down this "90 days" we are.

Well over 60 imo

I wish PB, but think it's highly unlikely.

Let's consider that around the 14 days mark, the board write to the shareholders to inform them of their views on a particular offer. We haven't even had this yet, and the timescale of a 'typical'* takeover stretches another 70 or so days past this.

Conclusion - Ellis should hurry it up a little.

*I use the word typical loosely

Richard, Villa is not a big PLC in the realms of Hanson but its still has a relatively big turnover and a massive wage bill by anyone's standard! Therefore there is a due diligence procedure that has to happen and it does take time. Yes my family did write a report and also held council to over a 1,000 supporters at Villa leisure centre three years ago at JF's request.I am on here purely to try and keep the supporters spirits up and reassure them that in my informed opinion I have little doubt about this takeover happening.

Keep up the good work mate, and thanks for reassuring us.

This is a new dawn for the Villa and i can't wait! :D

The trees, I would think anything between 2 and 4 weeks depending on how smooth it goes.

So if we assume that the week spent here early in July was Lerner and associates talking to Rothschilds and evaluating targets, eventually deciding on the Villa.

That the visit of mid-July was a firming up of the interest and a first meeting with Ellis, a point in which the due diligence may have started (?)

Then 10 days later the infamous visit to the club, with all the negative press that followed.

Finally the visit on the day of MON's appointment, presumably to reassure MON that things were still very much on.

It's the visit to VP that I can't work out. Despite the fact that the press reported that RL went off in a huff, he did have important high profile business of the Browns to attend to, so it's likely that he was always going back to the US when he did anyway.

Did he come to sign some form of letter of intent, or was that the point where the due diligence started?

Either way, next week does seem to be the week of RL's official bid.

He's going to be at the Reading game folks, and I am going to miss it! (Don't feel sorry, my toes will be in a warm sea)

Or am I completely confused? :?

Richard, Villa is not a big PLC in the realms of Hanson but its still has a relatively big turnover and a massive wage bill by anyone's standard! .

hardly, the tunrover puts them in the micro level for a PLC. I would bet that 90% or more of PLCs have a bigger turnover than villa, which has approximately the turnover of a single tesco superstore

Sorry PB but we floated our first business on a turnover of £3 million..... To compare it with a Tesco superstore is in mind not really relevant is it?? Maybe the turnover is not that big but its still a complicated business ie it has major assets ie the stadium, players, land etc and complicated employment contracts for its key employees ie the players. Its a slightly more complicated business than an individual Tesco store!

Anyway I am not here to argue, just tell you how I see it. Agree with it, disagree with it but don't question my business acumen.

Anyway I am not here to argue, just tell you how I see it. Agree with it, disagree with it but don't question my business acumen.

I wouldnt question your business acumen, I dont know you, just the impression you seem to be under that villa is a big business

I have friend who works for a computer company in middle management. His budget, for his department, is more than villa's total turnover. The average stockholding in his warehouse would buy Milan Baros or Gareth Barry, or if you prefer build the Witton Lane Stand. He has more people working directly under him than are employed by villa in total. One department of a mid-sized PLC.

Sure there are smaller PLCs, like the first one you floated, but that doesnt make villa big, it just makes the company you floated small.

hardly, the tunrover puts them in the micro level for a PLC. I would bet that 90% or more of PLCs have a bigger turnover than villa, which has approximately the turnover of a single tesco superstore

But it's not very comparable. Just buying and selling goods is not as complicated as running a football club.

Besides Villa has a lot more potential for making money than a Tesco superstore.

The trees, I would think anything between 2 and 4 weeks depending on how smooth it goes.

So if we assume that the week spent here early in July was Lerner and associates talking to Rothschilds and evaluating targets, eventually deciding on the Villa.

That the visit of mid-July was a firming up of the interest and a first meeting with Ellis, a point in which the due diligence may have started (?)

Then 10 days later the infamous visit to the club, with all the negative press that followed.

Finally the visit on the day of MON's appointment, presumably to reassure MON that things were still very much on.

It's the visit to VP that I can't work out. Despite the fact that the press reported that RL went off in a huff, he did have important high profile business of the Browns to attend to, so it's likely that he was always going back to the US when he did anyway.

Did he come to sign some form of letter of intent, or was that the point where the due diligence started?

Either way, next week does seem to be the week of RL's official bid.

He's going to be at the Reading game folks, and I am going to miss it! (Don't feel sorry, my toes will be in a warm sea)

Or am I completely confused? :?

Sorry i am confused do you mean Lerner will be there? is that confirmed?