Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellis spent £12 million last summer.

And will probably spend £5 million this summer.

What's the point getting somebody in to just match what Ellis has done?

If I'm reading the quotes correctly than I think that this is the price range of players we would be bringing in. I think that we would not be spending £25m on Ashley Cole just yet but that we might get many players in the £5m-£10m pound range.

Yep thats how I read it too.

it does say £5-10 million investments.......ie plural, it might be 3 * £5 million or 5 * £8 million (I wish). I think it means that we would not at this stage entertain paying more than £10 million for a player

Dont know if the question has been asked the past few days.. but according to reports from last week... shouldn't have Lerner turned in his bid by now? I thought it was either going to be Tuesday or Wednesday of this week?

I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling that with team stocks rising.. fans happy with MON and season ticket sales surging.. Deadly is second guessing his decision to sell the club? Are we witnessing Doug's greatest masterpiece to deflect pressure on himself?

Sorry just woke up to a mild tropical storm and it looks ugly outside.. need some coffee to cheer me up.

UP THE VILLA!!!!

ELLIS OUT!!!!!

RANDY IN!!!!

Doug's greatest masterpiece to deflect pressure on himself?

I was told yesterday that he doesn't take any notice of the pressure on himself so I doubt he has done all this just to make the pressure easier

I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling that with team stocks rising.. fans happy with MON and season ticket sales surging.. Deadly is second guessing his decision to sell the club? Are we witnessing Doug's greatest masterpiece to deflect pressure on himself?

I'm still hoping that this isn't the case, although with every day that passes the likelyhood becomes greater and greater.

--David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap wrote:

I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself, as being the end, because what does the end feel like? It's like trying to extrapolate the end of the universe. lf the universe is indeed infinite, then what does that mean? How far is all the way and then if it stops what's stopping it and what's behind what's stopping it? So "What is the end?" is my question to you.

While we're quoting the great philosophers relating to the takeover.

There's an ancient Japanese saying that a calm ocean is the most dangerous of all. Of course a violent ocean is equally dangerous. It's this strange, Eastern way of thinking where they think they've fooled you....and they have.

Nigel Tufnel

Villa boss caught up in airport chaos Aug 10 2006

PASSENGERS suffering delays at airports around the UK following anti-terror raids this morning were in good company - Villa's Doug Ellis and Martin O'Neill's flights were also hit.

Club chairman Ellis was caught up in the chaos after arriving at Birmingham Airport to catch a flight at at 6.15am.

Villa manager Martin O'Neill meanwhile was caught up in the chaos at Heathrow and described the scenes as "complete bedlam".

O'Neill had flown back to Britain from Villa's training camp in Holland, where the team are on a pre-season tour, and was expected back today.

But he was one of thousands of air passengers to suffer severe delays

ICbirmingham

so where was Doug going?

Villa boss caught up in airport chaos Aug 10 2006

PASSENGERS suffering delays at airports around the UK following anti-terror raids this morning were in good company - Villa's Doug Ellis and Martin O'Neill's flights were also hit.

Club chairman Ellis was caught up in the chaos after arriving at Birmingham Airport to catch a flight at at 6.15am.

Villa manager Martin O'Neill meanwhile was caught up in the chaos at Heathrow and described the scenes as "complete bedlam".

O'Neill had flown back to Britain from Villa's training camp in Holland, where the team are on a pre-season tour, and was expected back today.

But he was one of thousands of air passengers to suffer severe delays

ICbirmingham

so where was Doug going?

Another holiday as MON wants to sign some players :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: