Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lerner is said to invest 5-10 million pounds at first apparantly.. thats piss weak for a billionaire..

Id still like him to take over though as he will get the best out of the club.. ( as in run it properly) as he did with the Browns and now their the 7th richest NFL club.

Lerner is said to invest 5-10 million pounds at first apparantly.. thats piss weak for a billionaire..

Id still like him to take over though as he will get the best out of the club.. ( as in run it properly) as he did with the Browns and now their the 7th richest NFL club.

£5 million to £10 million per transfer window is decent. I think our first spending spree if Lerner took charge would be higher than that though.

Who said that??

Link???????????????? :?:

Barry keen to stay - on his terms

Aug 9, 2006

Gareth Barry wants assurances before he commits to Villa's new era under Martin O'Neill.

The 25-year-old midfielder is due to sit down with O'Neill for talks at the club's tour base in Holland before the end of the week.

Barry wants to know what direction the club is taking at boardroom level with American billionaire Randy Lerner primed for a takeover bid.

Lerner is now in regular discussions with O'Neill and the No1 favourite to take control of the club.

But it is understood the tycoon will invest gradually in players, with 'small' investments of £5m-£10m to start with, rather than a Roman Abramovich-style revolution.

Barry is also desperate to force himself back into the England set-up under new coach Steve McClaren and wants clarification as to how he fits into O'Neill's plans.

McClaren names his first squad next week for the friendly with Greece on August 16.

Barry wants to remain a midfielder and doesn't want to play wing-back or a left-sided defender where he started his career under John Gregory if O'Neill switches formation to 3-5-2.

O'Neill said over the weekend to say he is desperate to keep Barry.

But he has only been given between £5m-£7m to spend by chairman Doug Ellis and he is aware he could almost double his transfer kitty by selling Barry.

It has been suggested Villa will cash in on the experienced midfielder and Ellis is seeking £10m.

Barry is unlikely to attract anywhere near that amount, with Portsmouth assessing whether to increase the £4.5m bid they had rejected three weeks ago.

But I understand that the issue is far from cut and dried and Barry would still be happy to remain at Villa if he receives the assurances he is seeking.

Meanwhile O'Neill's backroom shake-up is set to continue with Coventry goalkeeping coach Jim McDonagh set to replace Eric Steele.

Garry Parker seems in line to come in for Kevin MacDonald.

Assistant boss Roy Aitken is due to meet Ellis any day to agree a compensation figure.

Adam McGurk scored the 90th minute reply as Villa reserves drew 1-1 at Hinckley last night.

Ellis spent £12 million last summer.

And will probably spend £5 million this summer.

What's the point getting somebody in to just match what Ellis has done?

If you think that is Ellis's only failing then you are seriously mistaken.

If the statement by the players was the beginning of the end.

MON's appointment was the beginning of the beginning.

Are we in the middle of the end, and do you think the end of the end is in sight ?

If so, how far away do you think we might be from the middle of the beginning ?

I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself, as being the end, because what does the end feel like? It's like trying to extrapolate the end of the universe. lf the universe is indeed infinite, then what does that mean? How far is all the way and then if it stops what's stopping it and what's behind what's stopping it? So "What is the end?" is my question to you.

you better link the stories KSV, or you could get a yellow!

i dont think lerner would spend a measley 5m. if he was MON wouldnt use it on one player i believe

I dont know how to do it.. i add the large links and then i get told off for not shortening. you fussy bastards lol

Ellis spent £12 million last summer.

And will probably spend £5 million this summer.

What's the point getting somebody in to just match what Ellis has done?

If I'm reading the quotes correctly than I think that this is the price range of players we would be bringing in. I think that we would not be spending £25m on Ashley Cole just yet but that we might get many players in the £5m-£10m pound range.