Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its always "in a couple of days" or "within the next 48 hours".

I guess no-one wants to make a Mike Neville-esque "It'll all be over by Christmas" type prediction.

it'll be over by christmas

I think we know where he got his management style from, at least

I've noticed he didn't seem to get on with a cirtain ex-tottenham chairman (

OOOOOH nasty!!!.....Are you friends with Bozzie by any chance?? tut tut..lol

Taken From This Article on SportingLife

Meanwhile, Villa have been holding a board meeting relating to the annual financial figures although the takeover of the club is also likely to have been under review.

American billionaire Randy Lerner is poised to make a formal bid in the next couple of days although the consortium fronted by Michael Neville believe they are still in contention.

The annual figiures were due two weeks ago .....

The annual figiures were due two weeks ago .....

For the accountants amongst us:

Q: Could the serpentine be revalued in this years accounts, to show a £7m increase in value?

Q: As an asset would the tax liable be able to be written off against this years losses, whereas next year AVFC could be profitable?

Any lawyers?:

Q: A normal property deal if you fail to complete you end up paying 10% penalty or similar or something like that. Is that law of the land or varied by contract. So could a new owner come in and say "sale cancelled, here's £700k now do one" ?

Q: Could the serpentine be revalued in this years accounts, to show a £7m increase in value?

No, it would have to be shown at a true and fair value, therefore it is fair to assume a £7m increase isn't viable in such a short period of time

As an asset would the tax liable be able to be written off against this years losses, whereas next year AVFC could be profitable?

Don't quite understand the wording behind the question. If it reads as I interpret it then: A loss can be carried forward and written off against future profits but would not be classed as an asset, merely a loss carried forward

I'm not fully qualified yet so don't take my answers as gospel!