Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you still sign players that aren't attached to other clubs outside of the transfer window ? (ie Sol Campbell ?)

As far as I know, yes. It has happened a lot in e.g Norway this season and seasons before.

I'm not sure if this is actually bad news, as it takes away some of the need for speed in the takeover.

Going on past experience with Doug, if he says he wants it done in weeks it'll be months, and if he says it might be months it could be a year.

Hopefully Rothschilds are looking after everything and this is a bit of a moot point.

the recent comments by Doug are amazing, I thought he was not going to comment on the takeover !!!

First time I have seen him admit so frankly he will/wants to sell.

There is of course a cavat but clearly it is all over for him.

Champagne on ice (but has been for 8 months !!!)

the recent comments by Doug are amazing, I thought he was not going to comment on the takeover !!!

He can't - "Stockmarket regulations prevent us from commenting except when I choose to forget" :lol:

Jesus - thats one cold bottle of champagne!

Mind you - If this does come off like I hope it is going to - we have a whooping great Magnum sitting needing to be opened, a present off a friend and it needs a damn good reason to be drunk.

He can't - "Stockmarket regulations prevent us from commenting except when I choose to forget" :lol:

covienent to forget more like

First time I have seen him admit so frankly he will/wants to sell.

There is of course a cavat but clearly it is all over for him.

Perhaps its his last days now, who knows?

The countdown is on....

"Things can change overnight"

I think thats what caught my ears, I could be tired and reading too much into it (and to be honest I probably am) but that quote caught my ears.

Just a thought.......

Doug did appear to be saying he wanted the best for the club today in his interview on SSN and surely the point is now that MON is in situ he needs to have money to strengthen the squad and very quickly if he's to make any impact this season.

IMHO either the new consortium are gonna come in with a blaze of glory immenently or on the otherhand just maybe there will be a slight delay.....

Think about it .....MON ain't gonna want to advertise he's got £20M budget for players at his disposal is he? otherwise other clubs would be hiking the price of players everytime he got on the phone. Its happened before to this football club, when clubs knew we desperate for a striker. Makes sense perhaps if Ellis & new owners kept quiet until at least THIS trf window is shut just & let MON quietly go about his business & sign some players for decent prices on the pretence he's working on a shoestring...and only after the event will we realise that in fact the new owners had been bankrolling the purchases all along.

He's not a complete fool & his ego is such that I'm sure his legacy after death at the age of 82, will prompt him to be seen to be doing what's right for Aston Villa football club at this time of his life.

Yesterday news is old news, we can all testify to that after seeing the fans fawning over him as well as MON last night. He's "a wiley old fox" to quote Pat Murphy & he'll know that if he finally hands the club over to the consortium that's going to have the best resources available to assist MON to attain success as soon as possible, then alot of the bad feeling towards him personally will evaporate.

I think the board have made their choice but it will be interesting to see when the takeover actually completes.

I was wondering whether he was talking about MON having money or the new owners having MONEY. Anyway, that Doug interview has finally convinced me beyond doubt that the takeover will happen (I know i've been overly sceptical!!) so down to renew on Monday (wonder if my seat's still available after the weekend rush!!). The missus is pissed off, but I'm chuffed!!!!!!

Why did Doug announce that we have transfer money available surely with Doug wanting to sell the club he wouldn't then invest more money in players, it would be like selling a car and before you sell it you spend £2000 on new wheels or on the audio system

It's more like selling a car and the guy who's going to buy it saying, "put on some new wheels and a new stereo and I'll cover the costs when I have the log book and it's registered in my name". Hopefully.

I think this more a case of a guy agreeing to buy a car, but doesn't mind if the current owner uses all the petrol that's already in the tank before the sale goes through.

It's more like selling a car and the guy who's going to buy it saying, "put on some new wheels and a new stereo and I'll cover the costs when I have the log book and it's registered in my name". Hopefully.

I think this more a case of a guy agreeing to buy a car, but doesn't mind if the current owner uses all the petrol that's already in the tank before the sale goes through.

So does that mean that O'Neill can use the overdraft?