Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

o. If they vote to oust the chair, the bid is still going to fail, and an EGM four weeks later would see the despot back on his throne.

not necessarily its now assumed should Petchey say yes then there are enough potntial votes for Ellis to lose.

its also been suggested his aprlour tricks with Lerner and now O'Neil may be moves to call the bluff.

I doubt it mind I still feel he is up to selling at least a controlling interest, trouble is the best bet for the club possibly, doesn't want him involved rightly so

If Ellis has no power base - why shouldn't we let him carry out is days. Once he has gone, then that name can come off the Witton Lane

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

planning permission for the hotel and Northstand has run out we would have to reapply.

Again another Ellis lie

We reapplied a couple of months back didn't we? (North Stand anyway)

If I remember correctly Trotsky it was you who posted this

oh yeah :oops:

a couple of san miguels me thinks !!!

Wow - no there is a first - Ian admitting that he was wrong :lol:

planning permission for the hotel and Northstand has run out we would have to reapply.

Again another Ellis lie

We reapplied a couple of months back didn't we? (North Stand anyway)

If I remember correctly Trotsky it was you who posted this

As you have to to keep it going.

As Ellis has just said those he's been talking to aren't in the Abromovich class but most are big boys

One of them has a complete package to reinvent the whole ground and to have the player on the pitch to fill it so it will happen, when is the question and my bet is within the next week or two, and it won't necessarily be Lerner.

And twice in 2 days that I have agreed with Malcom. Lerner is in the driving seat, not necessarily the best or the biggest bidder

Well I went shopping this afternoon and bought a bottle of Champers which is now sitting in my fridge ready for the inevitable day of freedom!!

I can smell it, it's so close, Dougs words in Hanover have backed it up, I'm hvaing a sickie at work when it happens.

And Ian Robo is right I think, MON has CHOSEN WHO he WANTS to work for

If Ellis has no power base - why shouldn't we let him carry out is days. Once he has gone, then that name can come off the Witton Lane

People have been saying ellis will be gone soon (he's retiring, he's too old, he's too ill, he's selling etc) and that we should let him be for the past 6 years and it hasn't happened yet.

He has to be reminded as fervently as possible, as often as possible that his time is up. He can go anytime he chooses, he could resign the chair tomorrow and let stride handle the sale.

He has to be reminded as fervently as possible, as often as possible that his time is up. He can go anytime he chooses, he could resign the chair tomorrow and let stride handle the sale.

I believe that he knows that his time is up - that's why the club is up for sale. Now, he may want a role as Bates did after the Abramovich takeover - its the beginning of the end for him.

What do we need to remind him of? Whether you like it or not, Villa is a part of his life. As long as he has no actual power, I don't give a **** what they do with him as long as the brand new dawn carries on regardless.

I believe that he knows that his time is up - that's why the club is up for sale. Now, he may want a role as Bates did after the Abramovich takeover - its the beginning of the end for him.

What do we need to remind him of? Whether you like it or not, Villa is a part of his life. As long as he has no actual power, I don't give a **** what they do with him as long as the brand new dawn carries on regardless.

Agree Lee_Av i dont give to fecks if he's still here once he has know power,and another thing that im not to worried about at the mo is the naming of the witton stand it can wait i think.

Yep agree fran. Whatever position he gets, his name up on the stand, doesnt matter as long as he relinquishes power. ASAP.

Agreed there are more pressing matters in hand

If the takeover does happen within the next few weeks and it is to a consortium that can only do good for the club and our long term future. Do we thank Ellis for putting Villa in a position to attract these types of consortiums? Or do we still say he should have moved on ages ago and sold to someone like to Comer bros? With Ellis tightening the purse strings over the past few years there is no way we would of attracted this many consortiums who have money to invest. What do you guys think?

I have found myself cursing at Ellis loads of times but now looking back (and if it goes ahead) did he really do the right thing by Villa?

Well maybe his tight fiscal policies have had a bearing on Villa being amoungst the most attractive propositions in the Premiership and we don't appear to have the incumbence of any debt. However as has been said before neither probably does my local Spar Shop!.. but the point is most people wannna shop at a Tesco or Asda!!

Hindsight we do not have....... Ellis may have sold earlier and it may have been better but we were never allowed to know what was on offer.

I agree that he could of kept the fans more informed but if we are on about the present situation, how many other clubs would have attracted this number of healthy consortiums? Sunderland? Leeds? Everton are rumoured to be hasving trouble amongst board members. Even the Kraft family who own the New England Patriots were in talks with Liverpool and we have heard nowt since and Liverpool are massive but have a huge debt