Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I still think Ellis definaetly wanted MON for our manager but stand by my theory that he had to ok it through all 4 consortia.

Maybe you're right

maybe Randy Lerner spent the day shopping in Oxford Street after all

Maybe Martin o'neill spent the day with his wife

Maybe Doug Ellis appointed Martin O'Neill

None of them seem very likely to me, when MON wasnt even talking to Ellis two days ago and was reported to be furious with him, and when MON turned down no fewer than 2 deadlines from Doug to sign, the latest of which was Wednesday night, and when the negotiations for his contract had to be handled via a third party for fear of fruthber leaks to the media if ellis continued to handle them

And yet MON has spent two evenings recently in the company of Randy Lerner, discussing the NFL no doubt, and if those two didnt meet this morning/afternoon then I'll be very surprised.

Oh sorry, i forgot, this is Ellis appointment. Look, here's how it works

"let the old goat have his last day in the sun"

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...... I cannot believe that O'Neill would work under Ellis for any length of time.

But the sad fact is that HE IS!!! :shock:

How do we know this? I really don't think it will be more than months before Ellis is out and a new owner (I think its between Lerner and Still) is in control.

Why shouldn't it be any more unlikely now with so much interest in the club from at least 2 very likely heavy players in Lerner and Still?

I think that Ellis is on numbered days now.

and from my mate Jon Collett on the mailing list, do you need any furtehr proof.

Reading PR Week on my way home:

Lerner is on verge this week of signing a contract with london PR agency Holborn PR to advise on strategy.

He is believed to want to distance himself from Glazer and wants to get Villa fans onside.

Holborn - who declined to comment - expected to stress his passion for the UK and the similarities netween Birmingham and Cleveland's roots as bases for manufaturing industry.

Apparantly Fear has just been on Midlands today discussing the appointment, and he apparantly said that he has on good knowledge that Lerner is taking over the club, and he has the champagne on ice?

Can anyone else confirm this, as i no longer live in the midlands.

Thanks.

as for your comment Lerner is already here, all negotiations done with Rothschilds and Ellis literally flying out and back again for Monday, normally he likes these away days.

Is that a definate? Has anyone seen Lerner in the UK or seen his Jet at the airport?

If he is here what do you reckon his schdule is? meeting wit rothschilds? meeting with the Villa board? And what do you think is being discussed?

did you see the postings by The Trees

No i didnt, been working my ass off allday undotunately, what was the outcome of Mr Trees sluthing?

None of them seem very likely to me, when MON wasnt even talking to Ellis two days ago and was reported to be furious with him, and when MON turned down no fewer than 2 deadlines from Doug to sign, the latest of which was Wednesday night, and when the negotiations for his contract had to be handled via a third party for fear of fruthber leaks to the media if ellis continued to handle them

Are we 100% sure on this or are we basing our comments on media speculation and rumour? I never heard any quotes from MON saying he was 'furious' with Ellis?

Dont get me wrong im far from pro Ellis, its just im so worn down by being excited then being let down over the past sevceral weeks that im basically questioning anything I read or hear about the TO etc

I agree...... I cannot believe that O'Neill would work under Ellis for any length of time.

But the sad fact is that HE IS!!! :shock:

How do we know this?

Because ellis is still in charge and ellis is still the chairman (crys as he writes that :cry: )

I can confirm he has said that

Can we trust him?

I reckon so. I can't remember an occasion where he has said something without some substances behind it.

Of course, others might have done - I can only say I've never known him say something like that without a good reason.

that earlier this morning Mr. Lerner's plane touched down at Luton

Lets pray to god that he was here and he was in talks to buy us out. And that those talks went well and he is heading home 100% sure that he wants to buy AVFC

I can confirm he has said that

Can we trust him?

I reckon so. I can't remember an occasion where he has said something without some substances behind it.

Of course, others might have done - I can only say I've never known him say something like that without a good reason.

Cool, it's happening guys!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Are we 100% sure on this or are we basing our comments on media speculation and rumour? I never heard any quotes from MON saying he was 'furious' with Ellis?

Sometimes hearsay and rumour is correct. I guess it depends who tells you these things.

Dont get me wrong im far from pro Ellis, its just im so worn down by being excited then being let down over the past sevceral weeks that im basically questioning anything I read or hear about the TO etc

Look, its over, you can relax. Martin O'Neill would only join if randy Lerner was the guvnor.

Because ellis is still in charge and ellis is still the chairman (crys as he writes that :cry: )

Only nominally