Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

PP, its a done deal so I'm led to believe

You aren't the same lee_av who was claiming 'insider knowledge' on the OS last summer? Seem to remember current members of this board being taken for a ride. If you're a different lee_av, accept my humblest apologies.

no mate - that ain't me - never been on there - as for the knowledge

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree Jas.

Schedule was Lerner buying us last Wednesday!!!!!!!

Lol oh yeah, i forgot about that.

But if he's coming in now to check out the squad etc, he must be in a position to be able to bring in some of his players, god knows we need them.

But of whom's money will he be spending? :?

im willing to Bet that MON will not buy anyone untill the takeover goes through

Maybe not, but he might have assurances in place to perhaps bring in on loan until January allowing time for the takeover to be sorted out, but also getting the squad strengthened.

Obviously we won't know unless we get something happening before the transfer window closes or that question is answered if MON does come in tomorrow as it appears he will.

I don't trust Doug not to spill coffee on the contract before MON signs and not cough up the money for ink so a new one can be printed!!!

you've got nothing to worry about then

if it happens Doug won't be signing the contract, allegedly

Hmmm

We just need a couple of signings in midfield to really boost the place up a bit. Hopefully MON will be given some dough, and it'll be paid by the eventual owners.

Afterall, Doug wanted assurances that the new owners would spend £20m, so buy now, and take the dosh off the assurance.

Don't think it'll be that simple though. :(

I think that there maybe a small amount of borrowing initially

I thought the rules about takeovers meant that we couldn't sell or buy any assets/players?

It' not a rule as such, but it may put cirtain bidders off. But if Matin O'Neill want them, then it's not going to put of those that want Martin O'Neill, if you see what I mean.

I thought the rules about takeovers meant that we couldn't sell or buy any assets/players?

No cast iron bids are in - Ellis can tell them all to **** off if he wants. But he may allow some spending prior to the Villa being under offer.

if it happens Doug won't be signing the contract, allegedly

Poor old Doug.

Stay in the car old man, this is none of your business

:D

I have to say, I just had to laugh when I saw him on SSN.

And the best thing about it is he bought it on himself. If he hadn't employed Rothchilds, he would stil be in charge.

Nice one Rothers.

No cast iron bids are in - Ellis can tell them all to **** off if he wants. But he may allow some spending prior to the Villa being under offer.

Any spending will impact on the potential sale of the club - I doubt, and as stated by the club, there will be any transfer activity until the takeover is completed.

Any spending will impact on the potential sale of the club - I doubt, and as stated by the club, there will be any transfer activity until the takeover is completed.

That's no money being spent until maybe January then.

I've read and heard that it could still take weeks - months to get this sorted, ahhh so frustrating!

I think that it has gone way past that - and considering the possible purchasing power of a few of the bids, perhaps initially it will be small change

I've read and heard that it could still take weeks - months to get this sorted, ahhh so frustrating!

I really know nothing about this, but it should be possible to sort this out faster than that? If O'Neill really is lined up to take over tomorrow then I wouldn't exactly be surprised if an agreement regarding the takeover to be imminent.

If an agreement is in place, then surely it would be possible for us to see some transfer action even if we weren't formally taken over yet?

Someone care to enlighten me about this?

I really know nothing about this, but it should be possible to sort this out faster than that? If O'Neill really is lined up to take over tomorrow then I wouldn't exactly be surprised if an agreement regarding the takeover to be imminent.

If an agreement is in place, then surely it would be possible for us to see some transfer action even if we weren't formally taken over yet?

MON is in. He may have a little to work with inititally, but after that, only time will tell

Yet again lets clraify this.

IF tomorrow a consortuim gets Petchey and Ellis to sell their shares, they will control the club from the time the money is transferred.

They then can spend straigtaway.

I would imagine MON already knows how much he has and who he wants.

It can be done quickly

MON is in. He may have a little to work with inititally, but after that, only time will tell

So we are led to believe :winkold:

But my question was rather, if an agreement regarding the takeover was in place, would it be possible for O'Neill to spend anything at all? Or would our hands be tied until the keys to the chairman's office at Villa Park had officially changed owner?