Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neville and AV06 look totaly shambolic. Still has been quiet all the way through - I like that, no fuss, no rumours, no extravegant promises etc. Very professional. I think Lerner is at the table too, there has been no denial from him whenever asked. There may be another mystery consortium but from what we know the two favourites must be either Still or Lerner. On the manager front I think that will be announced by the new owners. I dont want to put a timescale on things but the only holdup I can envisage will be Dougs demands as they could prove to be a major sticking point.

i love the way dougs trying to sell the club BUT isnt contacting interested parties!!

NICE ONE DOUG

If lerner doesnt get sorted this week then its off i think.

oh well. Lets have a derby at blues next season!! in the championship!!!

Neville and AV06 look totaly shambolic. Still has been quiet all the way through - I like that, no fuss, no rumours, no extravegant promises etc. Very professional. I think Lerner is at the table too, there has been no denial from him whenever asked. There may be another mystery consortium but from what we know the two favourites must be either Still or Lerner. On the manager front I think that will be announced by the new owners. I dont want to put a timescale on things but the only holdup I can envisage will be Dougs demands as they could prove to be a major sticking point.

I think AV06 and Neville, by what they themselfes have said, are not in the loop. Of the four known indicative bids it would seem that their lack of involvment in discussions means that Rothchilds don't see them as key players.

I would therefore suggest that we don't place any emphasis on what the representatives from these groups have to say. It is very likely that they don't really know what is going on.

IMO it is between Still and Lerner, they aren't saying anything , and as a result the media are scrambling for info & rumours, none of which are accurate.

unless I see quotes from Lerner or Still I aint believing it anymore!

ah only joking anyway.

Where did the Laudrup/Jensen choice come from? If they are not interested in football, who deemed them to be suitable? You think a Danish guy is behind this??? Danish billionaire Mr. Maersk Mc-Kinney Moeller who owns the shipping company Maersk?

THAT IS A GUESS!!!!!!

i love the way dougs trying to sell the club BUT isnt contacting interested parties!!

NICE ONE DOUG

But it is possible that Still and Lerner have much better bids to explore.

It is possible that AV06 and Neville have all but been declined already

NICE ONE DOUG

This was alluded to by others when I asked why Neville hadn't lodged a formal bid if he was so keen to win the race. The thinking being that any formal bid by Neville would immediately be rejected.

It does seem to be between Lerner and Still.

NICE ONE DOUG

defiantely they probably do have better bids than nevilles borrowed cash. BUT Doug shud of contacted them already and at least spoke to them!!

Danish billionaire Mr. Maersk Mc-Kinney Moeller who owns the shipping company Maersk?

now there's a man who would be able to get his hands on a freight container quick shaprish- very suitable to hide doug away during negotiations :D

dropped at the bottom of the mid atlantic rift would be a plus also

NICE ONE DOUG

defiantely they probably do have better bids than nevilles borrowed cash. BUT Doug shud of contacted them already and at least spoke to them!!

really. Why not the other way around, if they are so interested in putting a bid in. They should be chasing AVFC officials and rothschilds (and HDE), not waiting for a phone call from HDE. :?

HDE does not strike me as being an "active" seller, let's put it that way. THEY have to make the running, not him.

NICE ONE DOUG

This was alluded to by others when I asked why Neville hadn't lodged a formal bid if he was so keen to win the race. The thinking being that any formal bid by Neville would immediately be rejected.

It does seem to be between Lerner and Still.

Its definately how I read the situation.

These two have also been keen on speaking to the media, sending out messages of 'slow progress'. I am sure in their instance it is, as there bids are not up to scratch.

I am sure that Stll and Lerner are advanced, if Lerner really was 15mins away from 'writing a cheque' last week then it can't take much for him to be back in the same position, can it?

NICE ONE DOUG

I doubt it would be Doug that needs to make the phonecall, either Rothchilds need to contact the consortium OR the consortium chasing Rothchilds.

I should think that they know the writing is on the wall due to the silence, hence why they are not pushing for a meeting (AV06 going on holiday for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!)

if Lerner really was 15mins away from 'writing a cheque' last week then it can't take much for him to be back in the same position, can it?

i can just see him sat in the office and asking for a pen to sign the deal and doug telling the room he can't find one and funnily enough there doesn't seem to be one in the whole of birmingham :roll:

if Lerner really was 15mins away from 'writing a cheque' last week then it can't take much for him to be back in the same position, can it?

i can just see him sat in the office and asking for a pen to sign the deal and doug telling the room he can't find one and funnily enough there doesn't seem to be one in the whole of birmingham :roll:

hahaha :D

I think this is worth posting again, seriously we need to do something:

I think us Villa fans need to make some public noise, all these stories about what "might" happen are stringing us along IMO, we can't keep waiting in HOPE that something will happen, we need to apply pressure where ever we can, i.e. release some press statements through the fans organisations and come saturday try and get as many people as possible at Villa park and try and get some press down there and show Ellis that we'r not happy to sit by and wait for him to stop messing around, we want him to do everything possible to get a deal done ASAP.

We can all talk about what might happen but we need to speak in numbers and get attention, no??

I think this is worth posting again, seriously we need to do something:

I think us Villa fans need to make some public noise, all these stories about what "might" happen are stringing us along IMO, we can't keep waiting in HOPE that something will happen, we need to apply pressure where ever we can, i.e. release some press statements through the fans organisations and come saturday try and get as many people as possible at Villa park and try and get some press down there and show Ellis that we'r not happy to sit by and wait for him to stop messing around, we want him to do everything possible to get a deal done ASAP.

We can all talk about what might happen but we need to speak in numbers and get attention, no??

Exactly what i was thinking in the A wake up call?? thread.

we need to let him know we are not happy!

Humiliating shambles. What do we actually KNOW?:- that Ellis has alienated the only definitely credible party with his disgraceful behaviour and that there is mere speculation that said party MAY have returned to negotiations; that 2 self-publicists who can't / won't reveal the reliability of their backers are now muttering about joining forces in what appears to be an increasingly desperate bid to stay in a game where they look to be out of their depth; that there MAY be another consortium involving Athol Still but we have no idea how serious this is and where the money is coming from; that the only manager being seriously linked with the vacancy with 2 weeks to go to the start of the season is far too ambitious, intelligent and worldly-wise to commit himself to working for a bumbling and dishonest cretin like Ellis; and that, without a manager or new finances in place, we are utterly hamstrung in the transfer market despite having a small, weak and disatisfied squad at our disposal. In the next few days we could be on cloud 9 and entering a whole new era. Or Bluenose Ellis may very well have played his final mastercard in the destruction of our glorious club. The man is toxic to the last

I am sure that Stll and Lerner are advanced, if Lerner really was 15mins away from 'writing a cheque' last week then it can't take much for him to be back in the same position, can it?

Well, the issue here I think is that no-one as far as I can tell is talking directly to Ellis anymore, as every time they do it ends up in the press within hours. As a result, all talks, and I mean all talks are needing to be held via a third party, which is of course considerably slower.