Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club has just released a statement on SSN saying that there will be NO anouncement regarding a new manager in the near future and reports suggesting otherwise are premature.

That's because Randy will be making the announcement :crylaugh:

Hopefully :roll:

The club has just released a statement on SSN saying that there will be NO anouncement regarding a new manager in the near future and reports suggesting otherwise are premature.

Was on the official site about 2 hours ago

Do keep up :D

The wording of the statement sounded like there would be no anouncements regarding a new manager in the near future, i.e. in for the next few days at least, but hey you never can tell. Personally I dont expect there to be one any time soon, maybe next week.

It's actually in this past weekend's Cleveland News (2 days old). He's reportedly placing his focus back on the Browns now that Season's about to begin. I am pessimistic, but, I also know Doug. I firmly believe the "still interested" crap we're reading, begining yesterday, is spin.

I'm just too furious to believe anymore hype

Premature.......but NOT wrong!

They aren't denying this link with MON though are they?

It's actually in this past weekend's Cleveland News (2 days old). He's reportedly placing his focus back on the Browns now that Season's about to begin. I am pessimistic, but, I also know Doug. I firmly believe the "still interested" crap we're reading, begining yesterday, is spin.

I'm just too furious to believe anymore hype

Calm down 3PO, its all fine

It says "extremely premature"...and they havent denied any link...not even Warnock, Platt, Wilkinson, Eriksson or whoever you might speculate on. Dont jump on things that arent there to jump on...

Of course it isnt wrong that they´re soon to sign up a new manager...remember that we dont have any manager. It is perfectly logical that the club will announce the capture of a new manager...whoever it might be.

It says "extremely premature"...and they havent denied any link...not even Warnock, Platt, Wilkinson, Eriksson or whoever you might speculate on. Dont jump on things that arent there to jump on...

Of course it isnt wrong that they´re soon to sign up a new manager...remember that we dont have any manager. It is perfectly logical that the club will announce the capture of a new manager...whoever it might be.

Extremely premature...premature....whats the difference???

My point was that Villa AREN'T denying the reported links with MON which have been repotyed today, or any other manager in fact, which leads to even more speculation that it will be MON.

Everyone knows that a statement from Villa can come out one days denying they are goinbg to 'unveil a new manager' then 48 hours later they do exactly what they denyed.

If they really didnt have any intentions of appointing a manager till the TO issue has been sorted then surely they would have said that in a statement rather than saying its 'extremely premature'

Why the **** would Lerner want his manager to negotiate contract length, wages etc.. with Ellis!!! If you were Lerner you'd be on the phone with O'Neill negotiating these things with him, giving gentleman's agreements talking about the future plans etc..Ellis will not be party to that, it will have nothing to do with him. MON will arive shortly after Lerner IMO. Next Week.

Extremely premature...premature....whats the difference???

My point was that Villa AREN'T denying the reported links with MON which have been repotyed today, or any other manager in fact, which leads to even more speculation that it will be MON.

Everyone knows that a statement from Villa can come out one days denying they are goinbg to 'unveil a new manager' then 48 hours later they do exactly what they denyed.

If they really didnt have any intentions of appointing a manager till the TO issue has been sorted then surely they would have said that in a statement rather than saying its 'extremely premature'

Of course Ellis going to put in a manager...he´s that stupid and he´s that kind of man that puts things in the wheels for other people.

If he hires MON there might be angry faces on the buyers of the club because it is a position they would like to negotiate about themselves. Even if they choose MON they will not be able to change anything with the contract MON has been given by Ellis.

I dont know if Ellis can sign someone up in this situation where the company is on its way to change owner...or not.

I dont know if Ellis can sign someone up in this situation where the company is on its way to change owner...or not.

Of course he can.

The position of team manager is a vital one, and it is currently vacant.

No official offers have been received by the club; Rothchild's are currently assessing some potential offers but thats all.

Business as usual for the football club must continue to a certain extent.