Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Well doug has spent more than a £100m over the last few years - I'm sure he's mentioned it once or twice - and look where that got us. Money isn't the answer obviously.

:)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO if MON is appointed manager today Ian can pop all the champagne he wants.

Depends on the agreement in place if he does and I do say IF.

If all it does is confuse the issue of the takeover then I don't want it getting in the way.

For starters it moves the balance again and certainly one if not two groups will review their options.

Its one thing taking control from Ellis, its another to do so with the best offer for the club overall doing it

Well doug has spent more than a £100m over the last few years - I'm sure he's mentioned it once or twice - and look where that got us. Money isn't the answer obviously.

:)

Haven't Chelsea just done that this season?

If Man Utd keep going its reckoned they have 75 mill to spend before September start.

Depends on your level of ambition I suppose, whether your happy with a Neville bid or prefer a Still or Lerner super bid

Whilst I admire your optomism, I can't help but think that Doug will appoint MON and try to ride out the storm without selling the club. He's terrified of someone else winning something other than him!!

Not to throw a downer on it or anything!!

I agree Ian. He wants that one last piece of glory before tottering off. He want's the record books to show that it was HE who brought O'Neill to the cluband it was HE who brought the owners that, really the supporters want.

Another BIG ego trip. One thing's certain if you ask me....

It's very close to bye bye Doug time

Why is everyone happy about an MON appointment?

it would by the looks of it Marginilise (sp?) two fo the four bids.

An appointment should be when the board is installed. and not before.

It depends on the report you believe I suppose. There was one yesterday saying all four bids were united behind MON. It may be true, may not be. I think with the timescales involved though having some kind of acceptable interim solution agreed on is a good idea- we need a manager in asap. I would agree with the opinion though, that if Doug thinks he can hire O'Neil then back out of the takeover stuff he'll be in for a shock.

Steven, don't you think the bid has already been agreed ??

don't you think the new owners have allowed Ellis this last piece of ego trip as part of a deal ?

Errrmmmm No.

I think Doug still thinks he can run this club. And i wont believe anything until the ink is dry.

Plus i know most villa fans will stop thinking Ellis Out if O'neill comes in!! :evil:

change it round to this Steven .....

do you think MON would come to Villa, knowing Ellis was still in control, knowing all the problems highlighted by the players, iknowing he has **** all money ??

Look I can understand your sceptism, it is well founded and is the 'usual' Ellis trick, but not this time, no manager no matter how desperate they are would come to us with all this takeover rumour going on, unless he was certain of things.

MON is.

Plus i know most villa fans will stop thinking Ellis Out if O'neill comes in!! :evil:

Not this time they wont. But I fully appreciate your concerns regarding Ellis leaving. 'Believe it when I see it'. It's all pointing towards him being effectively gone already though.

Ellis has a duty to safeguard the financial wellbeing of Aston Villa. If he waits for a new board to be in in place it could be too late to avert a potentially disastrous season. Even if he appoints MON today it is still cutting things fine. The media induced euphoria about potential bidders shouldn't make us forget how badly the same players performed under Dol and Aitken last season. To do nothing would be a dereliction of corporate duty, and remember MON is happiest with a one year rolling contract so it would be easy to sort amicably if the new owners wanted to appoint their own man.

Ellis has a duty to safeguard the financial wellbeing of Aston Villa. If he waits for a new board to be in in place it could be too late to avert a potentially disastrous season. Even if he appoints MON today it is still cutting things fine. The media induced euphoria about potential bidders shouldn't make us forget how badly the same players performed under Dol and Aitken last season. To do nothing would be a dereliction of corporate duty, and remember MON is happiest with a one year rolling contract so it would be easy to sort amicably if the new owners wanted to appoint their own man.

So...just tell me why Ellis dont sit down and negotiate with a new owner and get any deal done right now?

I think that it isnt good for AVFC that Ellis chooses to appoint his own manager...no matter who...before any deal is done with the parties interested in buying Villa. He is stalling every deal...FACT!

I think there'll be tears regardless Steven :) Some people already have a big box of Kleenex on stand-by and it's not for the same thing Rantin's is for.

It depends on the report you believe I suppose. There was one yesterday saying all four bids were united behind MON. It may be true, may not be. I think with the timescales involved though having some kind of acceptable interim solution agreed on is a good idea- we need a manager in asap. I would agree with the opinion though, that if Doug thinks he can hire O'Neil then back out of the takeover stuff he'll be in for a shock.

What does Aitken do that is so wrong? I think it is very overrated that Villa need to bring in MON.

What does Aitken do that is so wrong? I think it is very overrated that Villa need to bring in MON.

So you'd rasther Aitkenm stay in charge than MON come in?

So...just tell me why Ellis dont sit down and negotiate with a new owner and get any deal done right now?

I think that it isnt good for AVFC that Ellis chooses to appoint his own manager...no matter who...before any deal is done with the parties interested in buying Villa. He is stalling every deal...FACT!

My own gut feeling is that the only bid that could be done quickly enough to have a new manager in place by the start of the season or at least before the transfer window closes, would be a cash bid by Lerner if it is made in the next 48 hours. As Lerner has made it clear that Mon would be his manager of choice this might be an indication of things happening behind the scenes.