Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

From the sounds of the Sky reporter(didn't catch his name) who has been covering Villa he seemed to think it would be weeks before there was any movement. First Rothchilds have to look over all the bids then they will reccomend one to Doug, and then Doug will either accept or reject it. Then if he accepts it he will reccomend it to the shareholders and letters will be sent to the shareholders and then there will be a meeting to vote on it. I'm sure I missed some points but there seems to be no quick solution to this takeover

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the provisions of Rule 8.1 of the Code, all "dealings" in "relevant

securities" of Aston Villa Plc by any offeror or by Aston Villa Plc or by any of

their respective "associates", must be disclosed by no later than 12.00 noon

(London time) on the London business day following the date of the relevant

transaction.

What this means is that if you buy 1% or mroe of Aston Villa, you have to say who you are, and who is putting up the cash,by 12 the following day

not applicable to this situation

Yeah, nothing looks like happening today (although Doug is only working for the last half hour). I'll stay glued to SSN this evening. Best get back to work for now :)

As I understand it, and reading between the lines of posts on other threads, there have been a number of indicative bids as mentioned on yesterdays statement. These are like 'informal' bids for the purposes of the stock market - they are one step removed from being final formal bids and are intended to give Ellis/the board (one and the same?) a general idea of what the bid involves, which allows them to make a decision between them.

Assuming one of these is then chosen as the preferred bid, the final touches are put to this particular bid and and minor grey areas are ironed out and this is then submitted as a formal bid. I think there would be an LSE announcement at this point and trading may stop then. There would then be a period of time (dunno how long) when all the legal processes are followed etc and then the deal would take place.

As I say, this is how I understand it - I'm no expert though so if anyone can clarify this that would be great!

That sums it up BUT IF Doug recommends the bid and Petchey does it is a done deal because they hold between them the majority shareholding.

At that point there would be nothing to stop a manager being appointed to get on with the job.

Pure fantasy though as Doug will never recommend a bid.... it needs Petchey to slap the old duffer around the head with a lettuce!"

Rumour has it that of all the prospective bids, Rothschilds top rated the American one.

Rumour also has it that they least rate(d) the Neville one.

Any "rating" from Rothschilds, would I guess, be from a financial viewpoint - How strong is the assurance of cash, guarantees, value and so on. There might also be a view on the viability and feasibility of plans detailed by the various consortia/prospective bidders.

Who knows the truth of rumours, mind.

Rumour has it that of all the prospective bids, Rothschilds top rated the American one.

Rumour also has it that they least rate(d) the Neville one.

Any "rating" from Rothschilds, would I guess, be from a financial viewpoint - How strong is the assurance of cash, guarantees, value and so on. There might also be a view on the viability and feasibility of plans detailed by the various consortia/prospective bidders.

Who knows the truth of rumours, mind.

Truth is one thing, Pete. Believability is something else entirely.

Lerner bid is not dead - VillaJul 27 2006

By Bill Howell, Birmingham Mail

VILLA were today insisting that Randy Lerner was still interested in buying the club, despite fevered speculation that the American billionaire has pulled out.

Widespread reports pointed to Lerner flying back to the States after becoming dismayed at his treatment by Villa chairman Doug Ellis.

Among a host of allegations is that Ellis insisted at yesterday's meeting on remaining at Villa in some capacity once a deal was struck.

The Mail's own inside American source said: "Lerner was very interested and spoke face-to-face with Doug yesterday. But Randy wanted some 'fun' with the club, and flew home once he realised that Doug was against that."

well just read that on the mail site so who knows might still be a chance :?

Nah, that's bull. Lerner's group talked directly to the fans groups who have released what went on. Bill as usual has no direct link to anyone maybe other than Doug who feeds him a cock & bull propoganda piece. Bill, from a position outside what's going on, adds 1 and 1 and desperately hopes he gets 2. As much as I want to believe his article, I've read enough of what went before it to know it's crap. As I wrote to him before - his credibility will nosedive after the DOL thing and he'll be around (and discredited) a long time after his sugar daddy is gone.

from OS

Takeover Information

A number of supporters have contacted the club recently requesting information regarding the current takeover discussions.

Whilst we understand the interest and concerns of supporters and shareholders, as a listed company, we are strictly limited to what we can and cannot say regarding the current situation.

Consequently, we have communicated all possible information to supporters and shareholders via the Stock Exchange.

However, the following points give a brief summary of the legal requirements that any listed company must adhere to in such circumstances.

As Aston Villa is a listed company, the board and its representatives have a legal duty to conduct any takeover negotiations strictly in accordance with the regulations.

There can be no special deals struck for the benefit of any individual. Personal interests cannot be pursued and all negotiations are conducted in the best interest of all shareholders and the football club.

As the company's retained advisor, Rothschild has been, and will continue to be, present at all meetings to ensure regulatory practice is upheld.

The board of Aston Villa are duty bound to consider the merits, or otherwise, of all offers made to the club.

In such situations, it is not legally possible for a listed company to divulge specific information relating to a takeover without first informing the Stock Exchange.

Accordingly, as and when appropriate, a further announcement will be made.

from OS

Takeover Information

There can be no special deals struck for the benefit of any individual. Personal interests cannot be pursued and all negotiations are conducted in the best interest of all shareholders and the football club.

this bit is to make dougy look good.

we know its a lie. the old fool.

Or, it could be because Rothschilds have insisted it goes into a statement to prevent the old man from making personal gain. I am not trying to defend Ellis but I just get the feeling that other board members want the deal done and are getting fed up with Ellis.

It's certainly a pertinent question to ask him if Lerner doesn't end up buying. "How can you claim to have acted in the best interests of all shareholders by turning down a billionaire who wanted to invest in the club?".

Or, it could be because Rothschilds have insisted it goes into a statement to prevent the old man from making personal gain. I am not trying to defend Ellis but I just get the feeling that other board members want the deal done and are getting fed up with Ellis.

hehehe. you put "the board"

thats Doug. Full Stop. :evil:

I agree. I see this as them outlining as subtly as possible that this is NOT what is currently happening. And they know that we are following this so closely and that we WOULD pick up on that line.