Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Doesn't that depend gentlemen

OK a bid might be on the verge of being put in, but for all we know, there might be other bids in or going in, or as PB cleverly suggested someone might be looking to do it another way, and with the AGM a few weeks away and rumours of bids going in, and Ellis acting like he's just treading water carefully so as not to devalue any bid,now would be the ideal time to do it.

What I think we all have to take note of is that its beginning to look like there is now more at stake than the eventual ownership of Villa.

Enough said

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Politics at board-room level, is such an underhand business, thats why the old miser has survived for so long.

I just hope the people who hope to replace him can out-manoeuvre him at his own game and have the best intentions to move Aston Villa on, in this modern football world.

Politics at board-room level, is such an underhand business, thats why the old miser has survived for so long.

Not when you control 38% of the issued stock or just over 50% of the stock that ever cast a vote.

Not when you control 38% of the issued stock or just over 50% of the stock that ever cast a vote.

He bought that little lot to protect his own back and insure he would not be forced out of the club ever again.

He bought that little lot to protect his own back and insure he would not be forced out of the club ever again.

Bit of a longer story than that, but he bought cheap, sold high and still managed to keep control of the club.

he bought cheap, sold high and still managed to keep control of the club.

But will he be selling high and losing control of the club now? I think the wall is starting to crumble and the wolves are at the gates. :winkold:

If a takeover is going to happen sometime soon then it needs to happen before a new manger is put in place. I honestly think, if has been suggested in some quarters Neville is still out there with new backers he needs to step in now. This is the perfect time to put a bid on the table for the club as Doug is at the most vulnerable he has ever been.

The fact Ellis couldn't be asked to get on a plane from Majorca to personally be involved in this whole saga speaks volumes about his willingness to get out now.

If a takeover is going to happen sometime soon then it needs to happen before a new manger is put in place. I honestly think, if has been suggested in some quarters Neville is still out there with new backers he needs to step in now. This is the perfect time to put a bid on the table for the club as Doug is at the most vulnerable he has ever been.

The fact Ellis couldn't be asked to get on a plane from Majorca to personally be involved in this whole saga speaks volumes about his willingness to get out now.

You think Ellis wants to sell up? :crylaugh:

TEAM MANAGEMENT OF ASTON VILLA

On 17 July 2006, Aston Villa Plc (“Aston Villa” or the “Company”) announced that the board of Aston Villa (the “Board”) had set up an internal enquiry into the circumstances surrounding the publication of a statement purportedly from the entire first team squad. That enquiry has completed its investigations. Although no misconduct by the manager, David O’Leary was uncovered, as a result of the investigation, it has been agreed that an amicable parting of the ways was in the best interests of all parties. Accordingly, a compensation package reflecting the situation has been established and it has been mutually agreed to terminate the contract of David O’Leary, with immediate effect.

Shareholders and supporters will be aware that Aston Villa has been in an official Offer Period since 19 September 2005, when the AVIL consortium made an initial approach to the Company. As previously announced, the board appointed Rothschild as an adviser to examine the AVIL proposal and can confirm that there have since been a number of other approaches from various parties, both from the UK and overseas. Extensive discussions involving Rothschild, the Chairman, Doug Ellis, and credible parties are ongoing and will be fully explored to determine whether a formal offer for the issued share capital of Aston Villa will be forthcoming. However, there is no certainty that any of these discussions will lead to an offer being made. Shareholders and supporters will be updated in due course.

Taken fron the London stock exchange website

...and I don't see any reason whatsoever for AV PLC to make any comment along thelines they have today under stock market rules.

They are already in a declared bid situation and this is clearly just another attempt to fend off questions a few days before the annual accounts are due out.

SSN just stated that Villa have announced to the stock exchange that there has been more interest from the UK and overseas in buying the club!

Just some more people for Ellis to turn down I guess!

This cant be true, i was told in no uncertain terms yesterday by posters on here that these potential buyers were a figment of my imagination :roll: