Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Would suggest the article is working on two rumours and one piece of knowledge he may have been given, nothing more.

As to the earlier comment about Ransom, I believe he has said that he is still looking for a suitable club, but will not deal with Ellis again.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can one of you bean counters explain to me the following.....as far as we know no bid has been made. We are not currently going through 'due dilligence', Comers seem out of it so why are we still classed as being in a 'bid situation' by the LSE?.

simple Den.

As long as 1) Neville has not withdrawn or 2) ellis forces him to show his cards

then this can carry on as long as ellis wants it to.

Not necessarily

If someone or a group decide to put together a bid and wish to get past Ellis, unlike Ranson who gave up as soon as he was confronted by the old nutter, then they could try to obtain the populist vote and if they succeed raise the problems within the club at the AGM and this would force the issue

At the moment no one is really that interested in the Villa unless they can get it at a sale price, they certainly don't want to go through any aggravation, to discredit Ellis and the way he and his advisors have dealt with the takeover.

Ellis despite what he keeps saying, doesn't want to sell, certainly isn't desperate to sell, he's just used the failed Comer bid to nsuit his own purposes.

Lets just wish anyone considering such moves all the luck and backing they need should it of course happen.

I would also say I saw an article about Sunderland's takeover happening with Quinn and including the debts it will be worth about £80m.

Now if they can do that and Villa would be the same why can't someone get together a serious consortuim, of course the difference is a willing seller.

And I agree 100% with Malc.

Its true what Malc says, anyone who thinks Ellis wants to actually sell is a fool.

Does he bollocks want to sell, if he did he would ask for a realistic asking price and not be so stubborn about it all.

I might ask him at the AGM if he actually allows anyone to speak. :roll:

I would also say I saw an article about Sunderland's takeover happening with Quinn and including the debts it will be worth about £80m.

Now if they can do that and Villa would be the same why can't someone get together a serious consortuim, of course the difference is a willing seller.

So Sunderland is worth 80 mill! If that is true then Villa are at least worth the 64 mill - do you agree? Then why don't we see any interessted parties - this is very strange. I really thought that once we were safe from relegation something would happen. But nothing!! Maybe Malc is right Ellis do not want to sell - but it just does not make any sense or does it? Maybe someone could explain it.

So Sunderland is worth 80 mill! If that is true then Villa are at least worth the 64 mill - do you agree? Then why don't we see any interessted parties - this is very strange. I really thought that once we were safe from relegation something would happen. But nothing!! Maybe Malc is right Ellis do not want to sell - but it just does not make any sense or does it? Maybe someone could explain it.

This £80m figure includes considerable debt. Our debt (overdraft) isn't that large, yet it is growing and as the share price falls the £64m fee looks even more unlikely. Ellis will wait until someone offers him what he wants - silly money and a continuing influence at the club - so I'm not getting excited about any imminent sale. This leech will take some shifting.

£80m including debt is not £80m

If a company owes £50m

and you buy it for £30m

You have paid £30m.

If the company goes bump with debts of £50m, you have lost £30m - you are not liable for the £50m - that debt belongs to the company.

£80m is a misnomer. The takeover will not cost them £80m

Nobody knows its 80mill thats what the press has reported cause it sounds good. "Ex player buys club for 80mill!!!!!"

Wait till its officially announced what it actually is, if they announce it at all!?

whatever it shows once you have a willing seller you can do deals.

ellis wants to sell only at his price and won't budge and no-one wants to take him on over an hostile takeover, weven though they would probably get Petchey on side.

Not good !!!

no-one wants to take him on over an hostile takeover

Didn't the Russians who were quoted as being interested before the Comer Bros. thing came to light refer to the prospect of their making a hostile bid? Where or where did they get to or were they only a figment of our chairman's imagination at AGM time?

ellis wants to sell only at his price and won't budge

Ian, I'm not sure he does want to sell. By over pricing the club he can claim to want to sell it when the price he puts on it makes sure nobody will match it and if someone gives the impression that they might (as did Neville) he puts other barriers in the way such as needing assurances that money would be available from them for future transfers or that they are football people (barriers that would have excluded him in 82).

Ransons was a proper bid, but ellis never gave him the time of day. Mind you that may have been for the best with richardson on board

but if Ranson was serious he would have took it a stage further instead of meekly backing away.

Ransons was a proper bid, but ellis never gave him the time of day. Mind you that may have been for the best with richardson on board

but if Ranson was serious he would have took it a stage further instead of meekly backing away.

ranson was serious wasnt he.

He asked for the books and doug wouldnt hand them over.

its getting to a point where im beginning to give up on villa.

cant we start AFC Aston Villa???

so if doug won't hand them over and you are serious you would do something else wouldn't you.

Just agree to buy Petchey's shares and move forward from there but as I have stated many times, none of us know his true game plan and would he sell say at £5 a share or is after something else ?

£80m including debt is not £80m

If a company owes £50m

and you buy it for £30m

You have paid £30m.

If the company goes bump with debts of £50m, you have lost £30m - you are not liable for the £50m - that debt belongs to the company.

That debt belongs to the company, does it? Would that be the company which you've just bought?

Seriously - where did you get the idea that the new owners of a debt-laden company are not liable for the company's existing borrowing? Of course they are! Buying a company means you buy both its assets and its liabilities. If those liabilities are sufficiently large then it may mean you can get the company on the cheap - it certainly doesn't mean you can ignore them altogether.