Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to Ali, and without wishing to make a habit of agreeing with Denis (so I won't):wink: there was a thread the other day which imo should have been incorporated into this one. Denis, I think Ali is referring to certain posters prior to Ian. :?

Certain posters hasnt posted in here for a while has he? ;)

With all due respect to Ali, and without wishing to make a habit of agreeing with Denis (so I won't):wink: there was a thread the other day which imo should have been incorporated into this one. Denis, I think Ali is referring to certain posters prior to Ian. :?

Certain posters hasnt posted in here for a while has he? ;)

I'm afraid your erudite comments on "certain posters" was wiped by an over-zealous mod who shall remain nameless. Perhaps if there are any Liverpool-based taxi-drivers around they should make the point again, maybe to include "some people" (rather over-used by you-know-who), but preferably not in any threads primarily about a certain Irish club official.

This thread remains open because this is the single most important issue that we as Villa fans face. It's possibly the single most important issue in what passes for my life, and if any one can give me even the slightest bit of insight into whats happening with it I'm grateful.

The fact that each time someone posts something we check in the vain hope that it's something that might actually have meaning only serves to prove how much we crave it.

Don't close this thread, and don't feel bad about posting something that you might think might not be important, might not further the debate or might make you look a bit stupid.

Now can anyone explain to me what the decreasing share price might mean in relation to any takeover ? Should Dougs widely imagined asking price change at all in relation to ever dwindling value of the club in the real world ?

If his asking price genuinely is £60m plus, then he will soon be asking for double the value of the club.

If the share price continues to fall, then a controlling interest (28%ish) would soon be valued at about £12m.

So, as an investor, why on earth would you want to pay £64m to one of the worlds most awkward men, when for less than a fifth of that you can put in motion a process to remove him and pick up the rest of the company at a saving of around £30m ?

Am I missing something here ?

Does anyone have £12m at all ?

yes and he controls already 20% of the club he only has to hoover up another 10% and he would be in effective control ....

the good news from our point of view is tha the shares are not liquid thus to get the extra 10% would take too long for the small shareholders.

thats the point OBE ....

If the price continues to drop his profit gets lower and he may lower his asking price - wishful thinking

However as the price drops don't the shares become more attractive for an asset stripper as he will py less, he is the kingmaker.

My conspiracy theory is this.

Petchey around last winter made a deal with Ellis not to pressurise him into forcing an eGM if he

1) got Rothschilds in to find a bidder at a mutally acceptable price

2) Stopped spending money and draw back on all expenditures so as to protect the asset

soneone has told Ellis to sack staff, sell before we can buy, sell catering side, I doubt Ellis is in any position to do this himself nor would he.

So if Doug is doing everything he can to protect both mens shares in the club, and the share price is still dropping, do you think this might

Prompt Petchey to go back on his promise, and start along the path to removing Ellis from the process ?

Force Pethcey into starting to hoover up shaers in order to gain control ?

Encourage Petchey to sell up to folks who ar emore interested in gaining control than making profit ?

Or are you saying that the lower share price won't bother Petchey overly at this point ? and if so why not ?

Also, what was Petcheys role at West Ham, and can we learn anything about his intentions from what he did there ?

Petchey could instigate yet another rumour of a takeover, the share price shoots up and he then sells to the first opportunist to ask.

The protection Ellis has at the moment is that in a 'bid situation' anyone buying more than 1% of shares has to identify themselves and their intentions.

So if Doug is doing everything he can to protect both mens shares in the club, and the share price is still dropping, do you think this might

Prompt Petchey to go back on his promise, and start along the path to removing Ellis from the process ?

Force Pethcey into starting to hoover up shaers in order to gain control ?

Encourage Petchey to sell up to folks who ar emore interested in gaining control than making profit ?

Or are you saying that the lower share price won't bother Petchey overly at this point ? and if so why not ?

Also, what was Petcheys role at West Ham, and can we learn anything about his intentions from what he did there ?

As Gringo and Den states Petchey is the worse choice.

When Elton John left Watford Petchey brought his shares- cheap of course, sold the ground and charged Watford a large rent (is that not right ??) and iot has took a long time for them to recover from this and until Ashdown (ex Tory billionnaire treasurer) put money in they were in large debt.

Petchey wants his profit from Villa it depends what gives him a greater one

1) Get Ellis to sell at around £50-£60M

or

2) Allow the club to sink lower and lower, thus reducing teh price, wait for Ellis to die, pick of his shares and then **** us up the arse by selling everything .....

Scary aint't it ?

• 3 weeks later...