Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on the front page as a comment piece and remmeber the last time we saw this ??

Yep it was the announcement the day after of Rothschilds being appointed.

It does read that they want Ellis to say a defintive statement for what reason I am not sure.

yep thats what I am thinking, I understand there were due to be meetings at the end of Jan I wonder if they caught wind of this and expect an announcement soon.

If of course it is the bid has been withdrawn that leaves us in the worst position possible, no money, no direction and no hope.

A couple of hours ago I was about to write a piece on that the Comers couldn't have walked away from the deal without the press finding out about it. Before my duties at work sadly interupted me.

This article confirms that they don't have a clue of what's going on atm. So well done to Rothchild for not leaking anything to the press. If the journos, even though lazy, can't find out anything, then surely all claims that the Comers have walked away etc is pure speculations only. Of course they could end up being right, but atm it's not based on firm knowledge, only speculations.

If I should make a guess that would be that Rothchild hold talks with both AVIL and Ellis separatly, trying to find out if a deal is possible. But at the same time also look for other possible buyers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we heard was that a deal has been done with either AVIL/Comers or someone we've never even heard been mentioned. I hope for the last, as I don't think there is too much difference between a corner shop and a comer shop.

Twenty weeks since cuddly told the lse that an approach had been received. And in those tweny weeks, the number of people to publicy express an interest in buying the club has been one. The number of people to publicy express an interest in buying the club and who can actually afford the club has been zero.

Yup bob, it is all speculation. It's been speculation for the past twenty weeks, with the flimsiest of evidence upon which to base claims for a takeover.

And as for press releases. AVIL don't have to say owt, not listed, not covered by such requirements. And cuddly - well quite often his press releases are only made after newspapers have pushed him.

Haven't read this thred for weeks now. Only really looked after the Mails front page.

As i see it, Aston Villa is for sale, and as yet we haven't found a buyer. Were close but not quite there yet. The new dawn on the history of Aston Villa is over the Horizon.Lets just say im more up beat about the future of Aston Villa than i was 12 months ago.

1. Is the Comer deal dead and buried? If so, why?

2. Are Villa any closer to finding another buyer? If so, who?

3. Does Doug really want to sell the club? If not, what's the plan for the future?

......Question 1 is a leading question.....questions 2 & 3 seem to hint at the fact they know that the Comers have walked away.

There is no - "when will the deal be completed?"

There is "Are Villa closer to finding another buyer?"

I think they have infomation that the Comers have done an about turn. :(

TBH Gareth, even the most optimistic amongst us feel the deal as it was is dead, because of many reasons but be in doubt the club is for sale.

Yeah - I think he has shown his hand in as much as the club is defo for sale - it is, but just overpriced.

The timing of this article is everything though - it suggests to me that perhaps the chapter has closed on the Comers interest and we are now exploring new avenues.

full quote is

Aston Villa is dismayed by comments, attributed to The Editor, in tonight's

Evening Mail regarding the future of the club.

In simple terms, the front page editorial completely overlooks the fact

that, as a PLC, Aston Villa is not at liberty to discuss any element of a

potential takeover, without first making an announcement to the London

Stock Exchange.

Furthermore, since the first indicative approach by Aston Villa Investment

Ltd, the club has, in accordance with Stock Exchange regulations, made

three statements regarding significant activity surrounding the approach.

The position was re-iterated in the Chairman's statement when the company's

interim results were announced on January 26th. This statement was made

available to the media on the day of release.

Until such time as there is any further significant change to matters

relating to the companies future, board members and staff are unable to

comment freely as this could be considered price sensitive information.

The Birmingham Mail has repeatedly been made aware of this restriction as

indeed have all other media organisations who have shown an interest in

proceedings.

It is interesting to note that at no point immediately prior to publication

of tonight's front page article, has the editor or any member of the

newspaper's staff, sought clarification on any current issue relating to

the future of the company.

A potential timescale for completion of any takeover negotiation has never

been discussed by anyone connected with the company and Aston Villa wishes

to clarify that suggestions of a Christmas conclusion were proclaimed by

the Birmingham Mail's own staff with an erroneous headline and story on

December, 23.

At all times, Aston Villa and its board of directors has acted properly and

in accordance with the stringent rules governing Public Limited Companies.

Stock Exchange announcements reflect the latest position relating to a

company and if the situation regarding Aston Villa were to change an

announcement would be made.

The Company and its board have made public statements on the future of the

company when it has been possible to do so and will continue to adopt this

policy when dealing with PLC business.

oohhhh someone's cage has got rattled .....

One of the quickest Villa response's in history ....

I perfectly understand why some questions can not be answered due to 'stock market' rules but that has not stopped Villa from going against codes fo governance ever since Ansell and then Langham left.

Frankly the three questions posed are very valid as the clubs whole future is in doubt, the simple answer could be to say teh aVIL bid is rubbish and Doug does not want to sell.

It appears Ellis's final act is not to be able to tell us IF he wants to sell, that is a simple answer.

to add that Ali made a good point ont he loacked thread but the moribund state of the board means these questions are vital to the future and the longer this drags on the worse it will get.

all i read from that quote is,

"wibble...

not happy iv been challenged in public...

waffle...

stock market rules mean that i can keep this facade going for as long as i can and you media minions and you little men of the terraces, can wait for as long as i want you to....

wibble"