Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The results would suggest that the bid from Ranson was pretty near spot on a valuation of the club, and yet again only Ellis stands between the club and any move forward.

Judging by the accounts his dogmatic and it seems pie in the sky attitude to the bids are doing no more than devaluing what he has anyway.

Is the man stupid, are the bidders really chancers as some would suggest. I doubt it, the club is worth at most 50 mllion, time for Ellis not only to go but to hand over control, if he hasn't now.

EGM anyone

Malc, I posted something similar on the results thread but basically teh longer he stays the worse the valuation will get and the less likely it will be he will get anywhere near the £20m Hodgson claimed would be needed to remove him, this is his sword of damacus moment.

Love an EGM !!!

I've read a lot of 'only leave in a box' comments on this thread and i think they may be spot on, but not because of elies digging in his heels, rather that he's on his last legs. Could the hold up with the takeover be down to the fact that ellis is too ill to negotiate at the moment? hence the appointment of the bankers?

Ellis has been ill since his heart bypass.

The press conference when we signed Baros.

His book signing. Seeing the camera pan to him on match days on MOTD.

The may is dying lets not beat about the bush on that issue. The heart op bought him, a bit of time.

I've read a lot of 'only leave in a box' comments on this thread and i think they may be spot on, but not because of elies digging in his heels, rather that he's on his last legs. Could the hold up with the takeover be down to the fact that ellis is too ill to negotiate at the moment? hence the appointment of the bankers?

Jonny, you saw the reason for delay today.

ellis values the club at £64m, a club with only £40m of fixed assets (debatable value), losing £8m a year on average, no real big name player to sell, declining gate and commercial revenue.

Most serious people thinks that figure is a joke now, as it is only vbalued at £48m on the SE.

BTW Ellis has claimed for years that we were undervaalued because of the fake cloak of the land but even Villa's accounts say tehy are only worth £40m (that includes VP and Bodymoor) and as others have said this is normally too optimistic.

I reckon their pikey IRA mafia leaders on the sly who smuggle guns!

yes yes!

or they run a chain of mobile fun fairs...I can just see them now bouncing up n down on the waltsuz! spinning kids round aggressivly and eyeing up their change thats about to fall out their pockets.

:)

So...... if the 64mill looks a bit OTT. Why dont the comers release a cleverly worded statement to put pressure on doug to be realistic.

i would dosomething simple like:

The old senile word removed is killing the club and we cant be bothered to pay him until he realises his mickey mouse figure is wrong